X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1851 census search

Hello,

1851 Census:
    Looking for Henry Taylor Adams b c 1828 Barham/Baylham, Suffolk.
    I have him on 1841 census at Barham with his brother George in the workhouse.
    I also have him on the 1861 census in Battersea, a carpenter with wife Fanny and daughter Fanny . He married in Ipswich in 1859 and had dau Fanny in 1859.

Thanks
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Sorry Kat. Had a good look but can't see him.
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Do you think this could be him?

- Ancestry.co.uk

He's a lodger aged 22 and is a carpenter. It says born Grundisburgh which is not that far from Barham and Baylham
      Jackie

Comment

Jackie,
        I don't have Ancestry now so can't view the image, can you let me have the ref for that please.
        One problem with FMP it only has 2 counties for the 1851 census as yet.:(

Thank you for looking
        Kat

Comment

Morning Kat!

HO107/1801, Folio 508, Page 27

Henry Adams, carpenter, b1829 Grundisburgh, lodging with a William Horn and family in Thoroughfare, Alderton.

Let me know if you would like the image or details of the Horn family.
          Gillian
          User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Thank you Gillian
            Kat

Comment

I noticed, with interest, your posting about Henry Taylor Adams.
              My possible connection is another Henry Taylor Adams who I believe was his son.
              My Henry was born circa 1867 in Ipswich and eventually moved to Canada.
              He also had a sister Margaret who was born in 1871.
              I believe that Henry's father died in 1875 and his mother Maria (Haken) died in 1871.
              He married Elizabeth Ball on Oct. 1895 in Ontario. Elizabeth was the sister of my great-grand-father Rev. Thomas Ball.
              Unfortunately Elizabeth died in 1897 and Henry moved to Kansas to study at the Kansas Theological School in Topeka.
              He then moved to California as a minister and eventually to Vancouver, British Columbia.
              I have a letter dated in 1930 to a "Ball" relative detailing his last few years.
              If any of this sounds like the same Henry Taylor Adams you are researching I hope you will contact me.
              Michael Ball
              Email address removed

Unfortunately I have been unable to find where, or when Henry died.
              Last edited by Velma Dinkley; 05-03-10, 06:59. Reason: Protection of member's privacy

Comment

Hi Michael, Unfortunately I have had to remove your email address to protect your privacy on this site of approaching 10,000 members. However, I have sent the full message inc. your email address to Kat for her to respond personally to you.

Welcome to the site!

Comment

Thank you Velma, I will respond to Michael's message tonight as I have to work now .
                  Kat

Comment

Working...
                  X