Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still looking - solved! #42

Hi to all
    I am still looking for the death & Buriel of a Margaret Cobham how gave birth to a son in Ormskirk work house in June 1859.The family was living In North Meols South Port and are on the 1851 census for South Port,thay are also on 1861 census for Shouth Port,Her husband Thurston Cobham is living with his new wife Mary Cobham in 1861 in South port .Margaret has disaperd.I have tried South Port records also Ormskirk. also the parishrecords on line, the onley Margaret I can fined is her 4year old daugters beath in 1860 in South port. Can any one pleas help me and put me on track where to look next.
    Regards Doug Cobham

do you have Thurston and Margarets marriage on Lancashirebmd?...if so what year did they marry ?....allan
    ADDED
    on freebmd only ONE Marriage for Thurston Cobham...in 1860 in Liverpool
    on Lancashirebmd....it states
    Thurston Cobham to Mary McDonald ref No 2122LP/40/343
    Thurston Cobham to Mary Shipley ref No 2122LP/40/343
    BOTH REF NO`s THE SAME ??????....NO marriage for a Thurston Cobham to any Margaret.....allan
    Last edited by garstonite; 24-04-09, 08:44.
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Doug, is West Derby no good for the death?
      Margaret Cobham
      Year of Registration: 1862
      Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
      District: West Derby
      County: Lancashire
      Volume: 8b
      Page: 314

Or are you looking for a death before 1861?
      Last edited by JulesSmith; 24-04-09, 08:56.
      Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Originally posted by garstonite View Post
        Thurston Cobham to Mary McDonald ref No 2122LP/40/343
        Thurston Cobham to Mary Shipley ref No 2122LP/40/343
        BOTH REF NO`s THE SAME ??????....
        Allan, that just means it wasn't Mary's first marriage. McDonald will be her first married name as this is the name on the GRO index. Presumably Shipley would be her maiden surname.

Comment

the birth of the baby in 1859 in Ormskirk Workhouse is on FreeBMD Home Page
          THURSTON COBHAM June Qtr 1859 Ref No 8b 576......still can`t find the marriage of Thurston to Margaret....are you sure Margaret was Cobham at the time of the babys birth ??....allan
          ADDED
          Thurston Cobham 1859 registered at Preston born Ormskirk Ref No OK/10/46....this will give you Margarets name at the time of the birth....allan
          Last edited by garstonite; 24-04-09, 09:00.
          Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

If I remember correctly from previous threads, Doug has all the other info and is just looking for Margaret's death and burial.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

The marriage Allan found was Q4 1860. I see the family were living in Ormskirk district in 1861, so couldn't this be Thurston's first wife:

Deaths Sep 1860
              Cobham Margaret Ormskirk 8b 320

Comment

Thanks Kite, I never remember when there's been an old thread. I suppose the death I found was the daughter.

Comment

So we are not looking for the death of Margaret senior after 1851 but after the birth of Margaret junr in 1856, halving the time frame in one stroke!?

Comment

thanks Merry regarding Marys marriage...never seen that before but did presume about the 2 surnames.....regarding Margarets death,I was under the assumption we were looking for her death after the birth of her baby in 1859 ???....allan

Comment

Oooh yes - thankyou, you are quite right Allan! I just focussed on the information given that she was with her OH in 1851 and he had a new wife by 1861.

Do we know that Margaret was definitely the mother of the 1859 baby?

Comment

Baby Thurston died aged 0 in 1860, Preston.

You need a birth cert for Margaret's maiden name. I hope it wasn't Howard.

OC

Comment

still looking

Hi Thanks for nyour help so fare

I am looking for the Death of Margaret the mother wife of Thurston Cobham (Cobbin ) Cubham) Margaret was Margaret ( Boddy) be for there marrage thay married in South port in 1850 have cert. Thurston was married three times in all Margaret was his second wife

Comment

Doug

So, do you not think Merry has found the correct death? (post 7 on this thread). Looks very good to me, especially as Thurston junior also died in 1860.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                              Doug

So, do you not think Merry has found the correct death? (post 7 on this thread). Looks very good to me, especially as Thurston junior also died in 1860.

OC
                              Doug has said on another thread that the 1860 death was for their daughter aged 4 (from memory)

Comment

Doug...where did Thurston and Margaret Boddy marry ??...can`t find marriage on freebmd...allan

Comment

he said southport alan.

Comment

The marriage was 1854, Preston

Margaret Boddy or Jones to Thurston Read.

EDIT -NO! WRONG! She married WILLIAM Read!

Her previous marriage was in 1848

OC
                                    Last edited by Olde Crone Holden; 24-04-09, 11:16.

Comment

thanks OC...was that REGISTERED in Preston because of the Ormskirk connection or was Margaret Boddy/Jones from Preston ?...allan
                                      ADDED...I can only find ONE marriage for Thurston....the one to Mary
                                      Last edited by garstonite; 24-04-09, 11:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
                                        Doug

OC
                                        I can't remember if I've said this before, but I do keep wondering - what was the cause of death for Margaret junr? I wondered (yeh, I know, a bit ridiculous really!) if she and her mum died from something contagious or something they might both have all got at the same time for some other reason? If the two Margaret's died at the same time (within days) it is remotely possible their death were registered at the same time and you can imagine if there were two Margaret Cobhams registered for death together and they were on the same page of the register, it wold be easy for the GRO to think the record was duplicated, particularly given that age at death wasn't quoted in 1860.

Did you get the cert from the GRO or the local office?

Who registered the death of Margaret junr?

Comment

Working...
                                        X