• Show
Clear All

• Please ........

will some kind person take a look on Ancestry at;

a PUBLIC tree that includes:
    Name: Selina Flowers
    Birth: 1831 - Bulkington, Warwick, England
    Tree Name: FamilyElson

The same tree also has Matilda Flowers b1827 Warks and Sarah Flowers b1826 Warks

I posted a lookup recently trying to find info about Selina etc... so wondering what the Elson family knows about her

Unfortunately I'm unable to access this public tree as my Ancestry subs recently expired, so hoping someone will take a look for me and let me know what's on it ....

thanks
    Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 23-04-09, 14:14.
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Selina Flowers - About:1831 Ryton, Bulkington, Warwick, England
    Parents: Richard Flowers and Ann Simpson who married 29 Apr 1804 Bulkington, Warwickshire (Richard and Ann have no parents shown). Their children are recorded as Daniel, Richard, Ann, Sarah, Matilda and Selina with "about" dates for dobs.
    Selina's sister Matilda married a Thomas Elson.

Comment

thanks ever so much Sabrina

... can I please ask another favour????

The Daniels family tree (on Ancestry / public member);
      includes
      Name: John Dodd
      Birth: dd mm 1790 - city, Warwickshire, England
      Spouse: Sarah Flowers

I'd reaalllllllly appreciate it if you'd take a look at Sarah's info - parents / siblings etc so that I can compare to what I've found ....

thanks again

Comment

Hm. Six children in 27 years of marriage? Not impossible, but odd enough to make you cautious.

If no definite birth has been found for Selina then how does the tree holder know who her parents are? Sounds like census sketch work to me, not a properly researched tree.

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
          Hm. Six children in 27 years of marriage? Not impossible, but odd enough to make you cautious.

If no definite birth has been found for Selina then how does the tree holder know who her parents are? Sounds like census sketch work to me, not a properly researched tree.

OC
          hi OC ... 1841 cenus has Ricd Flowers aged 75 bWarks living in the Hamlet of Ryton, Bulkington, Warks with
          Sarah Flowers 15, Mitilda Flowers 14 and Selina Flowers 10

I'm trying to establish Richard's relationship to the Flowers girls ... grandfather or father????

It may be that he married more than once ??

Comment

There is a Christening date of 6th May 1827 for Matilda. The eldest child was born about 1814,ten years after Richard and Ann were married which probably means either there were more children or there is an error in the marriage date or they were not the correct couple.

Comment

hi Kazza - thanks for info about Matilda ... where was she christened? Bulkington?

Comment

The Daniels family tree has Sarah Flowers abt 1783, Leamington, Warwickshire marrying John Dodd on 27 Jan 1817 at Holy Trinity, Coventry. (source IGI batch number MO41921).

Hope you still need this info!

Comment

Father Richard Flowers
                  Mother Ann Simpson

No dates of birth for these two , but married 29 Apr 1804 in Bulkington

Do you need children?

Sylvia
                  Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
                  Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
                  Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

Yes, Bulkington,Warwickshire . No church or source mentioned. It might be worth having a look at the LDS site.

Comment

Ah you already have it, i wasn`t quick enough

Sylvia
                      Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
                      Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
                      Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Sabrina View Post
                        The Daniels family tree has Sarah Flowers abt 1783, Leamington, Warwickshire marrying John Dodd on 27 Jan 1817 at Holy Trinity, Coventry. (source IGI batch number MO41921).

Hope you still need this info!
                        yes, thanks Sabrina .... suspect OC may be right about guesswork on Elson tree

I have Sarah Flowers born and chirstened 1789 Leamington .. marriage date correct though

Who is listed as Sarah's parents?

Comment

Originally posted by Kazza View Post
                          Yes, Bulkington,Warwickshire . No church or source mentioned. It might be worth having a look at the LDS site.
                          thanks Kazza ... just nipping over in between posts

Comment

No parents shown I'm afraid! Looks like they are having as much trouble as you!

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post

OC
                              Hi again OC ... just been on IGI and found 13 christenings for children of Richard and Ann between 1805 and 1827 including;
                              • one possible set of twins
                              • 3 Anns - so presume at least 2 died
                              • 2 Richards
                              • 2 Davids

BUT no sign of Selina

thanks for looking Sabrina
                              Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 23-04-09, 15:09.

Comment

LL, I have one of the Bulkington parish records microfilms on loan at my local LDS centre if you need any look-ups doing.

This is what it covers:

Marriages, 1682-1754; Baptisms, 1699-1721; Marriages, 1754; Baptisms, marriages, burials, 1606-1681; Baptisms, 1682-1775; Burials, 1684-1690, 1708-1709, 1691-1694, 1710-1715, 1726, 1729-1754, 1759-1775; Baptisms, 1843-1861; Churchwardens' accounts, 1765-1865 (not in strict chronological order).

I did have another film with more recent events, but it's been sent back to Utah or wherever because I finished with it.

If you put the placename Bulkington into the Gedcom database you can see if we have any ancestors in common. Mine are mostly Sparkes, Slingsby, Beamish and Ashbourn.

Comment

thanks for the offer Mary .... basically any info related to the FLOWERS family who lived in Bulkington / Ryton area between 1700-1900
                                  Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 23-04-09, 15:38.

Comment

OK, I'll have a look next time I go. Unfortunately the centre's only open on Tuesday evenings.

I've just checked my notes, and it looks like one of my lot may have married one of yours.

I found the banns called for a marriage between Sarah Flower and Thomas Ashbourn, both "of this parish", on 3/10/17 June 1792; however, I haven't found the actual marriage so far. I also found burials for Sarah Ashbourn on 26 January 1795 and 27 June 1798; however, there are no more details, not even the age, so I don't know which Sarah they are. I haven't found any baptisms for children born to that couple.

If you have any specific names you'd like me to search for, send me a PM; if you can be a bit more specific about dates, it'd be a help, because it'd take me hours to go through the whole film on spec.

Comment

thanks for your kind offer Mary - have pm'd you

.....not sure at this stage where your Sarah Flowers / Thomas Ashbourn fits in with this family .... in fact finding them quite confusing

Comment

Working...
                                      X