Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do GRO send out certificates in separate envelopes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do GRO send out certificates in separate envelopes?

I ordered five in one order and the site said they would be sent out on 20th. Two arrived yesterday in separate envelopes but the other 3 will no doubt arrive today.
    I just assumed by doing a group order it would be processed in one go.

they used to be ,but they have been sending them out in seperate envelopes for ages now most frustrating.

Comment

It's because different orders are dealt with by different staff in order to save time (one person might deal with all the birth cert requests for a particular group of years etc).

To bring all the orders back together at the end would cost far more than the cost of the extra stamps.

Comment

Allan

The service is fully automated and as Merry said, different certs get processed by different clerks working at different terminals.

If you order by snail mail, say, then probably only one clerk will deal with the whole of your order and you will get it in one envelope, but that might take weeks! (Exaggeration, but personal service is usually slower than the automated service).

OC

Comment

In 2005 the GRO were issuing about 30,000 certificates a week.

Comment

I get upset as now they fold the certificates in half and put them in smaller envelopes. :( I suppose that works out cheaper than posting A4 size!
            My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

I agree with Sue,
              I had one that has arrived today and the crease has made it difficult to read the full cause of death.
              I am going to scan it and try to enlarge to make some sense of it.

Stu

Comment

I'm not bothered about them folding them either - a GRO cert is not an original in any sense of the word.

OC

Comment

I'm not bothered about them folding them or that they come separately. In fact it's better if they come separately as then then my excitement can be spread out over a few days rather than over in a couple of minutes
                  Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

im totally with you zoe!!:D

Comment

Working...
                    X