Case reported in The Times who would have informed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case reported in The Times who would have informed

If a death was reported in The Times would it have just probably been a passing reporter ????
    I am till trying to find the burial or cremation of somebody who's death was reported in The Times .
    I have now emailed them in the hope they may have some details on the funeral ??? do you think its possible???
    There was an inquest but the report did not survive was hoping it may give some clues as to who claimed her body .

Where did it take place? If in the provinces, I imagine the Times would copy that report, rather than send someone down.
    A local paper may well have greater detail.
    Phoenix - with charred feathers
    Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

have you tried the gale newspapers online- maybe you could pick up somthing there?
      Angelina

Comment

sorry got visitors
        It was at Waterloo Station no I have not tried there Angelina is that free ??? shall have a look thanks

Comment

You might have to go to your local library to access it, Val. If it was in the 20th century then the only place you would find it on the Gale database would probably be in the Times Digital Archive, though, but if 19th century or earlier then it might be in their other newspaper collections.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

thanks Kite it was in 1939

Comment

Redacted

Comment

Working...
              X