Three cheers for the Brent Council

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three cheers for the Brent Council

wow sent them an email last night enquiring about a burial got an email today with Cemetary ,date buried and Grave number
    isnt that wonderful ??? have emailed to thank them
    Wish more were like this

:D
    Thats very Impressive!!!

Comment

I'm impressed with both the speed & the fact you didn't have to part with an arm & a leg for the info:D

Comment

That's excellent!

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          wow sent them an email last night enquiring about a burial got an email today with Cemetary ,date buried and Grave number
          Wish more were like this
          Thats excellent Val. Did you ask for a map too so that you can find the grave easily if you wanted to visit ?

I find most of the archivists in cemeteries are really helpful. Recently i just popped in without an appointment in our nearest city cemetery and they gave me all the details straight away and even called the warden from his coffee break to pinpoint the exact grave we wanted. Hows that for service ?

Comment

lol Val
            I must say I was surprised as I did say I would of course pay any costs involved ??? so was expecting a bill.
            Must just say have been looking for this Jesse Kemp for years on and off but he is registered under J Kemp
            Funny thing is his Workhouse papers say his body was sent to Willesden for burial but they could not find him before ???
            So dont know whats changed ??

Comment

Must say the Cemetary Office in Forfar is also exceptionally good.

Asked about a burial and they sent me details of 3 plots that had been purchased by the family at the same time. It had the names of everyone that was buried in each plot including a stillborn baby (now I know why they only had one child she probably couldn't have had any more).

Also gave me other surnames to research too and didn't charge anything iirc.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

thats sounds brilliant J Bee some councils are wonderful arent they ??? seems my man is buried with lots of strangers !! I always feel sad when I hear that

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                  Wish more were like this
                  They've started to put them on line along with Camden and a couple of other areas ;) although you got the result for free

Comment

That looks good Peppie
                    I just did a search for him and it says no records found ?????

Comment

There is only one cemetry on line for Brent so far Val, but they are putting others on and looking for other councils to join in. hope they do it will be a fantastic resource!

Comment

yes it will be great hope they do

Comment

darlington council was very nice when i asked about my great nan. i just gave the name and year, and they told me her date of death, her funeral, date of cremation, and where she was scattered. some councils are really nice.

the suffolk one took a bit of work. they always said someone else had the info. after a while i said "look, no one know's anything!! was he cremated?" and they said "oh yea!! why didn't we think of that" :Dit all worked out though.

glad you found out where he was buried val.

Comment

I would love to find where another person is buried but not had any luck at all with her
                            Even though her death was reported in the times

Comment

Working...
                            X