Ordnance Maps !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordnance Maps !

Just had two delivered only couple of pounds each, and they give some interesting info, I wanted to find out if I could see some cottages that were in a place before a housing estate, well I didnt see them in detail but have all the other things around them,but also on the back of the map there are lots of names on a list like a Census with all the residents names and in some cases the occupations, all in streets, now I come from the area I sent for so its very interesting to see all this, £4 well spent.:p
    regards Patti

*******always searching*********
    for Bracey.Speck.Gusterson.Taylor.Livermore.

That sounds interesting Patti
    What year are they ? I've been wanting to find a street that existed in 1901 but has vanished without trace.

and where did you find them ?
    ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

I have 1894 and 1912, worth a look for the right area, I got them from Alan Godfrey maps on the web, google will find it for you, very quick delivery too,more or less next day.
      regards Patti

*******always searching*********
      for Bracey.Speck.Gusterson.Taylor.Livermore.

Comment

I bought the Solent & Isle of Wight Map for the year 1810 for £6.49.

Timeline Historical : Map Series : nearby.org.uk
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Patti View Post
          I have 1894 and 1912, worth a look for the right area, I got them from Alan Godfrey maps on the web, google will find it for you, very quick delivery too,more or less next day.

Thanks Patti
          Looks as if they've just missed the bit I want

but there's certainly a lot of other interesting areas

Here's the link for anyone else

The Godfrey Edition - Old Ordnance Survey Maps - Index
          ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Patti,
            thanks for info, maps are a fantastic resource for genealogists.
            I regularly look in Oxfam shops for old ones & managed to find the farm in Cumbria mentioned in the parish records around 1780-1820 for my ancestors, but which doesn't exist on current maps.

Another great place for maps is Cassini, they have taken old maps & resized them to the equivalent modern day map, makes finding places much easier....they have a sale on at the moment too!!

Cassini Maps - Online Historical Map Shop - High Quality Old Maps
            ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Comment

Working...
            X