Help finding the link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding the link

After a quick trip to Reading at the weekend, I now have a few cert from my mother's side of the family (thank you uncle Rod).

I have my grandparents marriage cert, Frederick George Whitbread and Ellen Lizzie Hazell 21 April 1924, Reading.

The witness are Howard F? Buswell and Kathleen Florence Buswell. Frederick Geroge Whitbread's mother was Florance Jane Buswell, so my question is how are Howard and Kathleen related to Florance Jane?

Florance Jane was born Dec 1863 Steeple Barton Oxfordshire, her parents were William b abt 1826, Westcot Barton Oxfordshire and Lucy Bassett b abt 1834 Steeple Barton Oxfordshire.

Thanks
    www.chrisatstjohns.tribalpages.com
    http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/index.php/User:ChrissyConfused-91

could this be Howard's birth maybe?
    Howard Frederick Buswell
    June quarter 1904
    Reading district, vol 2c, page 349

And Kathleen's birth?
    Kathleen Florence Buswell
    Jun quarter 1906
    Reading district, vol 2c, page 375

The 1911 census has a Howard Frederick Buswell age 7, and a Kathleen Florence Buswell age 5, living in Reading.
    Last edited by Cloggie; 21-04-09, 11:09.
    Sarah

Comment

So, here's the witness:

Births Jun 1904
      Buswell Howard Frederick Reading 2c 349

and in 1911 his parents seem to be Frederick Thomas Buswell b 1876 and Esther Mary X b 1882, living in Reading.

Comment

Is this your Florence:

Births Dec 1863
        BUSWELL Florence Jane Woodstock 3a 580

Comment

The 1911 census has a Howard Frederick Buswell age 7, and a Kathleen Florence Buswell age 5, living in Reading.

Here are the other Buswells in Reading in 1911:

BUSWELL LUCY F 1834 77 Reading Berkshire
          BUSWELL FREDERICK THOMAS M 1876 35 Reading Berkshire
          BUSWELL BESSIE F 1855 56 Reading Berkshire
          BUSWELL ELIZABITH MARY F 1881 30 Reading Berkshire
          BUSWELL ESTHER MARY F 1882 29 Reading Berkshire
          BUSWELL EDITH FRANCES F 1883 28 Reading Berkshire
          Sarah

Comment

Is Lucy Buswell (c1834) on the 1911 census the same as your Lucy Buswell, nee Bassett?
            Sarah

Comment

Thank you yes that looks like the right family, I have a Fredrick (brother of Florance) b 1872 Middle Barton Oxfordshire.

And on the 1911, it has Lucy aged 77, which was their mother, so thank you again.

Fancy trying to find a death for me too?

Comment

I see Florence's parents Wm and Lucy has a son called Frederick who would be this one:

Births Dec 1871
                Buswell Frederick Thomas Woodstock 3a 636

but he's noticeably younger than the Fred in 1911! Having said that, Fred in 1911 was born in Oxon and the above birth is the only one in Oxon for someone of that name. As he was a bit older than his wife, maybe he chose to round himself down?? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                  I see Florence's parents Wm and Lucy has a son called Frederick who would be this one:

Births Dec 1871
                  Buswell Frederick Thomas Woodstock 3a 636
                  The Frederick in my tree I have as beeing born abt 1872, so that would fit

Comment

So if you are happy that Fred b 1872 knocked five years off his age in 1911 because his wife was 10 years his junior, then the marriage witnesses and the groom were first cousins!

Comment

Think I will go for it for now and lets face it, it wouldn't be the first time someone lied about their age :D, plus everything else fits with what I have, thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
                      X