Card reader???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Card reader???????

I have one of those "sometimes" problems with my computer.

Lately it sometimes won't recognise there is a CD in the drive. I can't find the CD anywhere.
    Sometimes it is a new CD I want to copy photos to.
    Sometimes it is an old one.

Now it is also happening with my USB stick and my camera SD card.

It will find it as though nothing is amiss and do what I want....next day won't work at all.

Someone suggested the card reader (I presume some piece of hardware??) is dying.

Is there anyway of working out what might be wrong???

If the card reader was the problem then surely it would only be the SD card that you would have trouble with. Is the CD drive built in to your computer or is it one that you plug into a USB port? If it's a plug in one then it could be a problem with the USB port but if the CD drive is a builtin one then I wouldn't have thought that the USB port could be the problem either.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

The CD drive is built in, Kite.

It's odd because it's only every so often.....

Comment

Libby,

On my old PC I had a new drive installed and had a similar problem and it was just a loose conection.

By the way if you need a new drive they are not very expensive I am sure you must have a PC World type store near you. They appear to be on every corner here in the UK and in Europe.

At last we are having some nice weather so cannot spend so much time on the PC as I have the garden etc to do.

Good Luck.
        Margaret N
        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
        X