Georgiana missing in 1871

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgiana missing in 1871

Oh dear, I am really really sorry to be asking for help with this lot once again but I would dearly love to finish my write up on my bro in law's family and send it off to him.

The thing is, Georgiana Percival Kay (nee Stephenson) is missing on 1871, or at least I cannot find her. She was born in 1843 in Barnards Castle, Yorkshire and married John William Kay in 1864 but never appeared with him on any of the censuses. In 1901 she claimed to be a widow, but wasn't because John was still very much alive!

Please, if anybody has a moment to search then I would be grateful. I have tried variations of Kay to no avail. I might have to accept that she just didn't fill in the form wherever she was at that time.
    Sally - Researching amongst others, JOSEPHY; WRIGHTSON; COOPER; GLOVER; DOWNING AND DICKINSON.

Erm...isn't Barnards Castle in County Durham?

Comment

Merry, at that time it appears to be Durham, Yorkshire. Don't ask me why.

All the birth certs etc. for those years show Durham, Yorkshire.
      Sally - Researching amongst others, JOSEPHY; WRIGHTSON; COOPER; GLOVER; DOWNING AND DICKINSON.

Comment

there is a georgina kay niece aged 26 at Startforth which according to genuki is 2 mile from barnards castle
        Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

with elizabeth reaves and elizabeth a kay gr niece
          rg10/4944 folio 84 page 1 schedule 5
          teesdale co durham - high stratforth
          Last edited by jean; 20-04-09, 21:26.
          Jean

To forget your ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without a root....

Comment

My geography of that area is poor, but certainly on the census for every "Barnard Castle, Yorks" there's probably 500 entries for Barnard Castle, Durham (as place of birth.

Not that I can see her anyway! lolol

Comment

Originally posted by jean View Post
              there is a georgina kay niece aged 26 at Startforth which according to genuki is 2 mile from barnards castle

Nice one - that's what she said for pob in 1901!

Comment

Just going to look - I will be so thrilled if you have found the little hussy

Comment

Jean, that was some detective work but if that is the right Georgiana then it has thrown up a huge anomaly.
                  The grand niece does not fit in with all the info that I already have.
                  This is yet another puzzle, because there is no other Georgiana Kay in that area of that birth date that fits in, and also the Aunt Elizabeth Reaves is a total unknown.

Mind you, her father was a total unknown too as she was illegitimate.
                  Last edited by sally; 20-04-09, 21:40.

Comment

bit like my lot - one step forward two steps back:D
                    Jean

Comment

Jean - I have just checked on something (my bits of paper are all over the place on this lot). You may well have hit on the right person..........Georgiana had a child early on in her rather weird marriage, Elizabeth Alice Angelo (yes really, Angelo..........hmmmm) and the date ties in with the grand niece on your findings.

Thank you so very much, that is brilliant and I don't have a clue how you did it, but I am so grateful! It may mean that I have a sister of Georgiana's mother to look at now too.
                      Last edited by sally; 20-04-09, 21:49.

Comment

um - just put kay born yorkshire in freecen 1871 - pure luck
                        Jean

Comment

well, thank you anyway. I would never have found that

Comment

Working...
                          X