Searching for Bruertons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for Bruertons.

For my one-name study, I have been given fragments of Bruertons who lived in Darlaston, Staffordshire. Whilst it would be nice to think that they all come from a common ancestor, I have no proof of this as yet.
    Early Bruertons from Darlaston: Joseph c1730 = Elizabeth Deaken, William c1735 = Sarah, Theophilus c1735 = Elizabeth, Samuel c1744 = Sarah and John c1751 = Mary.
    I have found a Theo from the 1600s on the LDS in Bucks but not the others in Bucks.
    They all use similar names for their children and I'm sure that at least some of them must be connected.
    Any thoughts.
    Will be in and out all day.
    Many thanks
    Jeanie
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Maybe you can find some wills that mention them?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

That's a good idea.
      I have found some early Bruertons in Berkswich Staffs but do not know how far this is from Darlaston, inspite of looking at GENUKI.
      Many thanks
      jeanie
      Searching for:
      English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

About 20 miles:

from: berkswich uk to: Darlaston, Wednesbury, UK - Google Maps

Comment

52 hits on Ancestry Parish and Probate Records, going back to the late 1500s. Mostly in Berkswich and Lichfield, and a few other parishes. Can't see any in Darlaston.

English Parish and Probate Records - Ancestry.co.uk

Comment

I'm getting 5 hits on TNA for Bruerton AND Darlaston.

National Archives: Quick Search

Comment

There are a few Bruertons in the Lichfield RO's online catalogue, and a couple of them have Darlaston connections.

Comment

Many thanks for all those links Mary.
                I will look at them closely tomorrow.
                Many thanks once again
                Jeanie
                Searching for:

Comment

nudging so it does not get lost before I have time to look at links.
                  Searching for:

Comment

Hi Jeannie

Not the same era or period, but William Charles Lockyer b 1893 married Mary E Bruorton in 1911 and had 4 children by 1920. This is Bradford way and the mmn for the first child is severely mangled, beginning with P!
                    Phoenix - with charred feathers
                    Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Have you seen this one Bruerton Family Genealogy Forum
                      Anne

Comment

Working...
                      X