POW pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POW pictures

I am not sure where to put this query so I will put it here.
    I have submitted a few photographs to the POW project and I am very happy to keep snapping away.
    I have recently made contact with another church photo site re a photograph of a church in Ireland, where my family were baptised and married, and the site owner has been really helpful to me.
    My question is this - am I allowed to send my photographs to other sites?
    I don't want to cause problems by doing this but I thought it may be nice to repay this person's kindness by sending him some of my photographs for churches he doesn't have.
    I don't want to cause copyright problems either.
    Help please on this as I don't want to do the wrong thing by FTF or my contact on the other site.
    Many thanks, opinions welcome.
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

When you submit images to Family Tree Forum you still retain ownership of the photos so you are free to share them with whomever you like.
    Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine - I will send a couple of photos to the man as a way of saying thank you for your help.
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Elaine - sorry to be thick

but how do you relinguish copyright to FTF members and still have ownership?

I'm quite happy for anyone to use any of my offerings as long as they don't charge anyone for the priviledge.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Working...
        X