• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Can't find ggrandmother after 1914

Hi
    I have been searching bdms trying to find info on ggrandmother
    Elizabeth after 1914
    What I have so far
    Elizabeth Brown b 27 dec 1861 chilvers coton married Timothy White dec 1884 attleborough , Timothy died June 1912
    Elizabeth White married Richard Steptoe 3 June 1914 Nuneaton
    Richard Steptoe died 28 Dec 1916 , 65 College St Chilvers Coton, informant on cert is Richards son FJ Steptoe

Need help and fresh eyes please;)

Jebbo

Jebbett, Jebson, Goodman, White, Brown, Savory, Salisbury, Wheway, Hastings,
    Lenton, Perkins, Croshaw, Mallabone, Downey, Ring, Bergen, McConkey, Murphy.
    ( avatar Mum and Dad )

On FreeBMD there's an Elizabeth Stept_ died 1926 Nuneaton that could be her although she was 62.

Comment

Hi Colin
      Appreciate your help , different poss
      does anyone know how i can order a cert with surname
      Stept__:(
      Had alook on ancestry page and top half is very blurred
      does anyone have access to other index sites please
      would like to order cert
      thanks Jebbo
      Last edited by jebbo; 20-04-09, 21:04.

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Your best bet is to order it through the local Register Office (Warwick?), which should be more flexible than the GRO. Try e-mailing them. I've done this before from Italy.

Comment

COPY Birth, death and marriage certificates - Warwickshire Web

Comment

Hi Mary
            Thanks for info and wesbite will send them an email

Jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

If you want a certificate for Steptoe then you can order it from the GRO and just put Steptoe in for the surname. Stept__ on FreeBMD just means the transcriber couldn't read the end of it. But the name is almost certainly Steptoe and if not, then the GRO will say there is no entry matching your order and refund most of your payment.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                If you want a certificate for Steptoe then you can order it from the GRO and just put Steptoe in for the surname. Stept__ on FreeBMD just means the transcriber couldn't read the end of it. But the name is almost certainly Steptoe and if not, then the GRO will say there is no entry matching your order and refund most of your payment.
                Hi
                Thanks Kiterunner
                Yes will order cert and put steptoe in surname slot

Jebbo

( avatar Mum and Dad )

Comment

Working...
                X