Findmypast cannot access images ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Findmypast cannot access images ???

this happend a few weeks ago and I cannot remember how I sorted it??
    I signed in searched and found a divorce record I want to look at but when I click on view it goes back to the home page ??? have just reinstalled the viewer
    I am more or less convinced this is my missing lady on 1871 census
    and am desperate to view the image Anybody know whats wrong

I think they have 2 different viewers on there now like ancestry does, Val, I'll just see if I can find the information...
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Any of this help at all, Val?
      Help and Advice | Faqs | Technical at findmypast.com
      KiteRunner

Comment

thanks again you seem to be always helping me out I tried to download the viewer again but it still wouldnt work ???
        I may have found my Mary Ann Kemp getting a divorce

Comment

Have you tried doing this bit?

How to switch between the standard and enhanced viewers
          If you are using the standard viewer but already have the enhanced viewer installed and would like to switch back to it, please follow the instructions below:

Open an image on the site and click on the ‘Image too slow to appear? Download free enhanced viewer’ link at the top left-hand corner of the image window.
          Click ‘DOWNLOAD FOR WINDOWS’, then click ‘cancel’ on the download box that follows
          Finally, make sure that you click ‘continue’ and you will be returned to the image you were viewing, which will now be displayed in the enhanced viewer. If you don’t click ‘continue’ then the viewer will not be changed.

I can't say I know what they mean as I haven't tried it myself!
          KiteRunner

Comment

thanks again will see if I can do that

Comment

I'm having trouble as well - whenever I try to download an image from the overseas births, Firefox stops responding, and I have to shut it down with Task Manager. I thought it was just a problem with FMP, but I've tried the overseas births on FamilyRelatives too, and the same thing happens.

Anyone know what the reason might be?

Comment

Have you tried with Internet Explorer, Mary?
                KiteRunner

Comment

Val I didn't think you could see images of divorces, just a transcript.
                  Kit

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                    Have you tried with Internet Explorer, Mary?
                    No, I don't normally use it because I'm a bit paranoid about viruses.

I'm working at the moment - I'll have a go later.

I have used the overseas indexes on FMP in the past with Firefox, though, so I can't think why they aren't working now.

Comment

Mary, sorry can't help with your particular problem - just to say that I'm using Firefox and can view images on XP and Vista machines.
                      Elaine

Comment

The odd thing is that I can view other FMP and Ancestry images, it's just the consular BMDs that don't work.

Comment

I tried the overseas births this morning Mary and they were working for me.
                          Elaine

Comment

Hmm. Could this be the image you're looking for? I was able to access it on FireFox on WinXP with the Standard Viewer without any trouble. I subsequently converted it into a PDF file so it could be attached to this post.

If you still have trouble accessing images, please contact our customer support team at info@findmypast.com or 020 3326 6300.

(Please note: I am posting this image as I work for findmypast, but it is against our terms and conditions to permit users from posting or publishing findmypast images or doing look-ups on behalf of others without our explicit permission.)

Matt Garner
                            findmypast.com
                            Attached Files

Comment

oh you are lovely Matt thanks so much really appreciate it .
                              Well its a bit of a coincidence but it says Mary Ann Kemp which is right and its about the right year she left him between 1861 and 1871 and moved in with another man , but I dont recognise the other name which I assume is her husband ?????

Comment

Yes it would appear that John Albert Kemp is divorcing his wife Mary Ann Kemp citing Stewart as the co respondent.
                                Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thanks Kat ,isnt that odd she has exactly the same name as my Mary Ann ??? but her husband was Jesse

Comment

My problem seems to have vanished overnight, thank goodness - I can now access the overseas BMDs on FamilyRelatives, haven't tried FMP yet.

Comment

maybe my problem is Vista ????

Comment

Could be, I'm still on Win2000.

Comment

Working...
                                        X