Birmingham library look ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birmingham library look ups

I'm going to Birmingham Library on Saturday for a course on using parish records. (hope it is useful)

I will have time to do some look ups on the electrol roll or the probate calendar, if anyone wants me to to check something let me know
    Clare

oh! I love Brum library.

Lots and lots of resources there, not just for Brum and Warwicks but for all over England and Wales.
    Gwynne

Comment

Me too, I'm really looking forward to going again
      Clare

Comment

Originally posted by claretaylor22 View Post
        if anyone wants me to to check something let me know
        Clare, well, you asked . . so PM sent

Enjoy
        Ta
        Brian
        Brian

Comment

hi clare i have pm you was going to ask for 2 loads but looked on igi and found some of what i was looking for
          so i have just ask for one shot in dark so dont worry if you dont find anything
          have fun
          karen
          wye surrey/london/birmingham
          lawrence/laurence berkshire/london/norfolk
          hall harrison cook/e pratt surrey
          ebbage maltby pratt norfolk
          herbert pratt yorkshire/hampshire
          armstrong/rickinson/harrison/beddington yorkshire

Comment

Clare,
            I have PM'd you with a couple of look ups please.
            Margaret

Comment

Clare,

Thankyou for your very kind offer - i have PM'd you

Jacky
              Jacky

Comment

PM's recieved thanks

Will do my best!;)
                Clare

Comment

I'd be grateful if you could find out whether they have - or will be having - Quaker records there. I believe that some of my WARRs may have been Quakers. The reason I ask is that there was some mention along those lines when I visited Warwick RO a year or so ago... if I understood correctly.

I hope to visit myself eventually, and that would help my planning.

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Don't forget to take some flyers with you about FTF.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Will do Christine

JBee good point! I will give some out in my course:D

Anymore for anymore?
                      Clare

Comment

Hi Clare
                        I have a difficult one, but I will pm.
                        Di
                        Diane
                        Sydney Australia
                        Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Had a great day, so much information so little time!;)

Already planning my next visit.

I did ask about Quaker records but the staff weren't sure. I am going to email them this week about something else so will throw the question in again and see if that gets a more definitive answer
                          Clare

Comment

Thank you, Clare.

I'm glad you had such a good time.

Christine
                            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

for Christine of Herts

[quote=Christine in Herts;1660750]I'd be grateful if you could find out whether they have - or will be having - Quaker records there. I believe that some of my WARRs may have been Quakers. The reason I ask is that there was some mention along those lines when I visited Warwick RO a year or so ago... if I understood correctly.

Central England Quakers - Bull Street

This may be of interest Christine if your Quaker links are central Birmingham.
                              Birmingham Library hold some Non-conformist records.
                              David

I
                              Don't always claim to be right, but I'm never wrong.

Comment

This may be of interest Christine if your Quaker links are central Birmingham.
                                Birmingham Library hold some Non-conformist records.
                                Thank you, Dave.

I'm not quite sure how many - or which bits - of the WARR family were Quakers, though I understand that at least some were. They lived in the Banbury area to start with, but some moved on to Coleshill (Congregationalists), and then into Birmingham.
                                I think the most likely candidates would have been the Banbury (South Newington / Neithrop / Wigginton / Swalcliffe) era ones: WARR, STRATFORD, GARDNER.

Christine

Comment

Working...
                                X