Jones in 1851!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jones in 1851!!

I'm hunting unsuccessfully for James Jones b 1800, Bishopsgate and his wife Mary Ann b 1800 Bishopsgate. They should be in the Shoreditch/ St Luke area.
    This is them in 1861 (abt halfway down the page) he is an Upholsterer.

- Ancestry.co.uk

Can anyone else spot them? Needle/haystack comes to mind:o

Thanks
    Sue

No luck so far Sue.

Did they have any children that may have still been living with them in 1851?

Joanie

Comment

Joan - As far as I know they only had two sons, James b 1826 who is with his wife (another Mary Ann:() in 1851 and John, b 1829 who I suspect died pre 1837. One of the reasons I'd like to find James and Mary Ann (senior) is just in case there is another sibling or even John with them!
      Sue

Comment

Sorry Sue was off watching the Real Swiss Family Robinson lol!

Have you found them on 1841, & have you got the ref?

The trouble with Middlesex as a birthplace is that they may have said London as their birthplace at other times, or even like some of mine, said a different place entirely on another census

You have my sympathy as someone who also has Jones in their tree plus an Evans in London so no hopes for me at all :D

Joanie

Comment

No luck here I'm afraid.

They're not at Beckford Square - something to rule out at least.
          Hail Spode!

Comment

Good Morning! Thanks for looking, both of you! This them in 1841 with their son James.

- Ancestry.co.uk

According to the parish records they also had a son John but he was younger than James so I tend to think that he had died before 1841. I'm unaware of any other children.

I've been looking for this on and off now for about 3 years:D posting this is a last ditch effort before giving up completely!
            Sue

Comment

Working...
            X