Help! I have lost some emails!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I have lost some emails!!

I had 4 or 5 emails in my inbox that I had read but don't done anything with, they had been there from a couple of months to 1 day. they were there yesterday when I was looking at my emails, but this morning they had vanished I checked my trash to see if they had accidentally been deleted & then my other folders to see if theyhad been moved, but they have gone.
    Anyone got any ideas as to how I get them back please? One of them is quite important. My email account is with o2.

Thanks
    Lynn

Lynn, do you use the webmail service to look at them or do you use something like Outlook Express / Windows Mail? If you use Outlook Express / Windows Mail then the emails would have been on your own computer and you might be able to find where they have gone, but if you use webmail then they would have been on O2's server.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

To be honest, I am not really sure, but my problem is now worse, as I can no longer get on the computer at all
      Lynn

Comment

Give us some details of the new problem, Lynn. (Edit - ah, I see you have a separate thread about it)

As for the emails, what do you usually click on when you want to look at emails?
        Last edited by KiteRunner; 17-04-09, 21:54.
        KiteRunner

Comment

Kate, I have O2 saved to my favourites & go in that way. Sadly it looks like even if they were still on my computer, I can't get at them now. I am confused about how they vanished in the first place
          Lynn

Comment

It sounds to me as though you use webmail, Lynn, in which case your emails are stored on O2's server. Can you access your emails from the laptop or whatever computer it is you are using at the moment?
            KiteRunner

Comment

Yes I can access them on here, but still no sign of the missng ones
              Lynn

Comment

So they have disappeared from O2's server. I wonder if anybody on here is an O2 customer and can suggest what to do? All I can think of is to contact O2 and ask them if they can retrieve the lost emails but I don't know what the chances are they can.
                KiteRunner

Comment

I think that is what I will have to do Kate.
                  Lynn

Comment

Working...
                  X