Can anyone find a marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone find a marriage

please for Elizabeth A Smith to ? Long. Elizabeth is informant on both her parents death certs and each time she is down as Elizabeth Long (daughter)

She was living in Grimsby in 1881 and 1891 as Smith, then didn't show up again anywhere until her father's death in 1931, when she is Long. Definately living in Grimsby in 1931.

thank you in advance
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

I wonder if the marriage to Mr Long was a second marriage, there are several Elizabeth/Elizabeth Ann(e) marriages around North Lincolnshire from the mid 1880s onwards.

Have you narrowed down a match in 1901 based on her forename, yob and pob?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

I think Glen may be correct ...

Possibility - 1st marriage ?

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Marriages Sep 1898 (>99%)
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carter Walter Grimsby 7a 1250
      Dickinson John Hasten Grimsby 7a 1250
      KELLY Annie Elizabeth Grimsby 7a 1250
      SMITH Elizabeth Ann Grimsby 7a 1250

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

2nd marriage ?

Marriages Jun 1909 (>99%)

COSTICK Bessie Grimsby 7a 1583
      DICKINSON Elizabeth Ann Grimsby 7a 1583
      JENKINSON Charles Thomas Grimsby 7a 1583
      LONG Thomas Charles O Grimsby 7a 1583
      Bridget

Comment

I tried searching as if she had previously married, but I couldn't find a match Elizabeth ?and Long. Many thanks for looking, you've achieved what I could not.

BIG thanks
        Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Originally posted by JulesSmith View Post
          I tried searching as if she had previously married, but I couldn't find a match Elizabeth ?and Long. Many thanks for looking, you've achieved what I could not.

BIG thanks
          You should check the 1901 and 1911 census indexes to make sure Mrs D and Mrs L fit Miss Smith's criteria!

Comment

Yes one of them does, however, I don't have credits so wont know for sure until I go to Kew next month.

Was also going to check deaths for Mr D to see if that was a feasible explanation. Blinking Ancestory, just when you think you're on to something they put the mockers on it.
            Last edited by JulesSmith; 17-04-09, 14:25.
            Jules

Comment

FreeBMD:

Deaths Jun 1905
              Dickinson John Hastings 32 Grimsby 7a 361

I know the middle name is spelled differently, but I guess it's the same person!

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                FreeBMD:

Deaths Jun 1905
                Dickinson John Hastings 32 Grimsby 7a 361

I know the middle name is spelled differently, but I guess it's the same person!
                thanks for that Merry. I reckon it's falling into place now.
                Jules

Comment

Here he is on the 1901 TNA index:

John H Dickinson 28 b Lincs Grimsby living Gt Grimsby Occ Hairdresser & Tobacconist

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                    Here he is on the 1901 TNA index:

John H Dickinson 28 b Lincs Grimsby living Gt Grimsby Occ Hairdresser & Tobacconist
                    A strange combination LOL. Have a ciggie lady while I cut your hair. I guess they made the most of the building they had.

Thanks for looking these up. I feel like my right arm has been cut off while Ancestory is down.
                    Jules

Comment

Working...
                    X