What's their relationship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's their relationship?

I'm revisiting some of the info I've found over the years and now trying to make sense of it so that I can enter onto my electronic family tree!

1841 census - all spellings per transcript
    Flowers, Ricd 75 (c1766)
    Flowers, Sarah 15 (c1826)
    Flowers, Mitilda 14 (c1825)
    Flowers, Selina 10 (c1831)

All born Warks and occupations for all = weaver

They were living in the Hamlet of Ryton, Civil Parish of Bulkington, Warks
    Piece: HO107/1136/13 Folio: 4 Page: 6

I'm presuming that Richard is a widower as no wife listed. He married Elizth Hewitt in 1785 at Stretton on Dunsmore, Warks. I've not been able to find her death.

My first thought was that the 'girls' may be Richard's grandaughters, but now I'm not so sure ... can anyone please assist to ascertain who their parents were?

Thanks
    Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 17-04-09, 07:43.
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Not sure of its the same girl

IGI puts a matilda flowers born 06 MAY 1827 Bulkington, Warwick, England

dau of Richard & ANN

not what you want to know but.... looks like she married THOMAS ELSON 07 OCT 1849 Bulkington, Warwick, England , 1851 = Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 2065; Folio: 406; Page: 16; GSU roll: 87324-87325.

-----------------------------------------
    How far away is

SELINA FLOWERS
    Christening: 03 APR 1842 Leamington Priors, Warwick, England
    Parents:
    JAMES FLOWERS
    REBECCA
    Last edited by Jessbowbag; 17-04-09, 07:57.
    Jess

Comment

I think you might have to work forward and find a marriage, so as to find birth places and then check the parish registers.

This looks like a possible marriage for Selina
      Marriages Sep 1850
      Flowers Selina
      TAYLOR George
      Nuneaton 16 536

and a possible 1851 census
      - Ancestry.co.uk

which shows her as being born in Ryton.
      Elaine

Comment

Same for Matilda

Marriages Dec 1849 (>99%)
        Ellson Thomas
        Flowers Matilda
        Nuneaton 16 691

Possible 1851
        - Ancestry.co.uk
        Elaine

Comment

Shouldn't Richd be 35 and born 1806 on 1841? In which case, the girls are his.
          Last edited by JulesSmith; 17-04-09, 07:54.
          Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Hi Jess and Elaine

Thanks for helping ...

I've just seen the births of Matilda and Sarah on IGI at Bulkington + there are several others born to Richard and Ann ........... so wondering if they may be his 'second' family.

Children born to Richard and Elizabeth were born between 1786-1792 at Leamington, Warks, hence they have all left home by 1841.

Comment

Originally posted by JulesSmith View Post
              He has been transcribed as age 35 but if you look at the image it does look like a 7 rather than a 3
              Elaine

Comment

Hi Jules ... how did you work that out?

I've now found a marriage: Richard Flowers + Ann Tims 23/5/1804 at Leamington Priors ~ do you think she was his second wife?

and a death Q2 1844 for Richard Flowers reg'd Warwick
                Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 17-04-09, 08:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                  He has been transcribed as age 35 but if you look at the image it does look like a 7 rather than a 3

According to Freecen transcription Ricd is 75 (can't check image as Ancestry subs expired recently)

Comment

It looks more like 35 to me
                    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Originally posted by LeicestershireLass View Post

and a death Q2 1844 for Richard Flowers reg'd Warwick
                      There is a Richard Flower on the 1841 census, living in the Warwick registration district, married to Mary - so this could be his death.
                      Elaine

Comment

I might have to bail out of this one, I'm confused LOL
                        Jules

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                          There is a Richard Flower on the 1841 census, living in the Warwick registration district, married to Mary - so this could be his death.
                          Is he alive in 1851?

Comment

I might have to bail out of this one, I'm confused LOL
                            oh dear Jules ... although I have to admit that's how I felt yesterday when trying to sort it out ! thanks for your input

Comment

I cannot see him at the moment. Have found two of the children who were listed on the 1841, living with grandmother on 1851.
                              I'll have another look.

Update - cannot find him or his wife if 1851. Two children are with grandparents, one is elsewhere working as a servant.
                              Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 17-04-09, 09:31.
                              Elaine

Comment

I've decided to send for Matilda and Selina's marriage certs to ascertain who their father was, if indeed they share the same father ....
                                Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 17-04-09, 13:12.

Comment

Update: Now received marriage certs;

Matilda's father was Richard Flowers, weaver
                                  Selina's father was Benjamin Flowers Cordwainer

Would now appreciate help to establish relationship between Matilda/Selina ~ cousins ??

Richard/Benjamin ~ brothers??

Comment

do you have any benjamin flowers in your tree? or possibles where your not sure where they fit?

Comment

I think this is the most likely death for Richard, because the Nuneaton reg district includes Bulkington:

Deaths Dec 1844
                                      FLOWER Richard Nuneaton 16 324

Where does the marriage to Elizabeth Hewitt come from? Are you sure about that?

Comment

Originally posted by LeicestershireLass View Post
                                        I'm
                                        I'm presuming that Richard is a widower as no wife listed. He married Elizth Hewitt in 1785 at Stretton on Dunsmore, Warks. I've not been able to find her death.

My first thought was that the 'girls' may be Richard's grandaughters, but now I'm not so sure ... can anyone please assist to ascertain who their parents were?

Thanks
                                        Maybe one of these are a parent?
                                        William Flowers
                                        Christening Date: 27 Jan 1788
                                        Christening Place: Leamington, Warwickshire, England
                                        Father's Name: Richard Flowers
                                        Mother's Name: Eliz

John Flowers
                                        Christening Date: 9 Sep 1792
                                        Christening Place: Leamington, Warwickshire, England
                                        Father's Name: Richard Flowers
                                        Mother's Name: Eliz
                                        Jules

Comment

Working...
                                        X