Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would I find Harrow or Middlesex on the IGI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would I find Harrow or Middlesex on the IGI?

I can do a search on the 1881 census and select Middlesex and Harrow, but when I want to look up the actual IGI records, the county of middlesex is not there as a choice.

Does anyone know the IGI references for harrow and Harrow on The Hill so I can do a manual search?

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

If I want records for Middlesex, I use "Greater London" but I know from experience there are no records from Harrow on the Hill in the IGI.

Sorry

Diane
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

It's an idiosyncrasy of the IGI that Middlesex is lumped in with London, even though most of the IGI records date from well before the county was amalgamated into Greater London.

Comment

According to IGI Batch Numbers on Hugh Wallis site.

Harrow On The Hill
        Baptisms P013291 1562-1597 and 1602-1653

(Baptist) C091901 1831-1837

Marriages M013291 1558-1599 and 1601-1653
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi Wendy

Pity my (well, OHs really) did not move to Harrow as early as that - they only got there around 1800 !!

Hope it helps Trevor though

Diane
          Diane
          Sydney Australia
          Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

I was going to suggest this, but it looks as though Harrow isn't included.
            Middlesex England Parish Records

This has a similar gap:
            Mddx Marriages Covering Page

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

These may be available in Harrow Libraries / Records Office:
              10. Parish Registers

Harrow on the Hill: Baptisms 1562-1653; Marriages 1558-1651; Burials 1558-1653 (printed transcripts)
              Pinner: Baptisms May 1743-Dec 1789 (transcript); Marriages 1654-1847 (printed transcript)
              Great Stanmore: Baptisms 1599-1834 (transcript); Marriages 1599-1837 (printed transcript); Burials 1599-1930 (transcript)
              Little Stanmore: Baptisms 1559-1724; Marriages 1559-1729; Burials 1558-1803 (transcripts)
              quoted from Familia: London Borough of Harrow

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
              X