Some help with Ireland Records Index.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some help with Ireland Records Index.

On Ancestry i found 2 people i have been trying to search from Ireland.

Its in the Irish Records Index, and has Film Number, T,Box and Order number and Item order number.

What do i do with these numbers and how can i actually view the info that is on them as it wont let you actually view anything on Ancestry also i dont live in ireland. Anyhelp would be greatful.

Hi and welcome can you post the details of the 2 people if they are not living and we can look for you.
    GWEN

Comment

Hi Thakyou.

Christoper Mannering, Kilmashogue, Dublin. 1888.
      Film: 101023
      T,Box & Order: T2773
      Iteam: BX21 #28.

Mary Anne Mannering, Kilmashogue, Dublin. (Widow) 1890.
      Film: 101023
      T,Box & Order: T2824
      Iteam Oreder: BX21 #29.

I hope someone can find what they are and if i can get copies of what it is.

Comment

hello and welcome i know some irish records were distroyed...i have been looking in the cork area brenda xxx

Comment

This is the ancestry info about that database:
          About Irish Records Index, 1500-1920
          This database is a name index to microfiled Irish records contained in the Family History Library, Salt Lake City. Each entry reveals the person's name, date of record, and residence in Ireland. More importantly, the microfilm, box, and item numbers are provided to aid the researcher in obtaining a copy of the original record. These records include histories, pedigrees, parish registers, probates, and orphan's court records.

After the fire at the Dublin Record Office in 1922, the government appealed for Irish residents to donate any copies of records they possessed. This appeal yielded a large and widely varied collection of information that the Family History Library in Salt Lake City microfilmed in the 1960s. This database is an index to these records now in possession of the Library. Each entry reveals the person's name, date of record, and residence in Ireland. More importantly, the microfilm, box, and item numbers are provided to aid the researcher in obtaining a copy of the original record. These records include histories, pedigrees, parish registers, probates, and orphan's court records. For those seeking Irish ancestors, this index can be a tremendous aid.
          The records in this database can be found at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. Films: 101011-25, 257841-3, 496361-95, 579477-8, 581925-33, 592932-44, 592952-4, 593622-49, 593653-8, 595358-70, 595937-8, and 823473
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Brilliant information, but how do you get hold of the original documents, can you actually contact FHL in Salt Lake City.

I have been doing FH for 9 years and this little bit is new to me.

Comment

You would have to ask at your nearest LDS Family History Centre whether they can order the microfilm for you.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thankyou for all your help i have the nearest one which is in Newport i will ring Saturday when they are open.

Comment

Dont know if these are of any help.
                  Taken from 1911 Irish Census for Dublin.

Residents of house number 43.2 in Terenure Road, North (Terenure, Dublin)
                  Surname Forename Age Sex
                  Mannering Henry 38 Male
                  Mannering Christopher 11 Male
                  Mannering Annie 9 Female
                  Mannering Mary 7 Female
                  Mannering Josephine 4 Female

Residents of house number 14 in Annaville Avenue (Stillorgan, Dublin)
                  Surname Forename Age Sex
                  Mannering John 54 Male
                  Mannering Mary 52 Female
                  Mannering Elizabeth 25 Female
                  Mannering Ellen 22 Female
                  Mannering Susan 19 Female
                  Mannering Christina 16 Female
                  Doyle John 16 Male

Irish census now on line. Free.

Regards
                  Glenda

Comment

I found this on the familysearch pilot website.

FamilySearch Record Search

Name: Christopher Mannering
                    Registration district: Dublin South
                    Record type: DEATHS
                    Registration date - quarter and year: Oct - Dec 1888
                    Estimated birth year: 1844
                    Mother surnames:
                    Film number: 101594
                    Volume: 2
                    Page: 429
                    Digital GS number: 4200676
                    Image number: 00491
                    Collection: Ireland, Civil Registration Indexes 1845-1958

You could order a photo copy of the death certificate from the Irish GRO. A photo copy is a couple of £'s cheaper than the actual certificate. Looks idental to a certificate but printed on white paper rather than their official 'certificate' paper.

The General Register Office Ireland :: An tSeirbhís um Chlárú Sibhialta For Southern Ireland (Eire)
                    teresa

Comment

Brilliant Thankyou.

I dont know who the people are in 1911 census they maybe related.
                      I dont have that much yet on this side. but the death info i have from the FRS, thankyou but i didnt know you could order photo copies.

Thankyou both thats a great help.

Comment

Working...
                      X