Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotlands People V LDS

Hi,
    can anyone tell me if there are Parish records available on Scotlands People which have not been transcribed by the LDS? Scotlands People is quite expensive so I have been searching for records using the LDS first and then purchasing the actual record if I feel it is useful.:o

Yes, that's right, Kazza. I would do the same, search on FamilySearch first and then Scotland's People if I want to see the image or if I don't find the entry on FamilySearch. In particular, there are quite a lot of batches on FamilySearch which only include children of one sex and you have to go onto Scotland's People to find the rest, for instance there might be only girls on FamilySearch and you have to look for the boys on SP.
    You can usually check that an entry you have found on FamilySearch is also on SP without spending any money - just put all the info you have from FamilySearch into the free search on SP and make sure you get 1 match, but don't actually view the match.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

There may be some instances (can't think of an example offhand) where LDS have transcribed records from a non-Church of Scotland church, which will not appear in the OPRs on SP.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
      X