Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help reading Family Tree Please

Hi All

I have this family tree written by my GGrandfather.It is written in pencil and i am finding it very hard to decipher.

It starts at the top with
    Jack Manners B-1922 Kalgoorlie,Western Australia
    Marcus Manners B-1925 " " "

Father-Joseph Manners B-1897 Adelaide,South Australia
    Mother-Florence Larkin B-1898 Co Kildare,Ireland

Joseph's parents

Ernst Arthur Mannheim B-1867 Tirschtiegel,Posnen,Poland
    Selina Mannheim B-1871 Moonta,South Australia
    They were cousins,
    Selina's father was Marcus Mannheim

I think that Ernst father was Joseph.If so Joseph was meant to have come to Australia in 1858 he then must have returned to Poland.Also on Ernst natralization papers in 1899 it states he has been in Australia for 15 yrs so that means he would have come out in 1884.

I also have not found any records for the Mannheim's entering Australia.

Thanks

Hi SUE

This is what I think I can see

Manners - Jack Marcus Australia

Manners - Joseph 1897 Australia

Manners - on one side Erma or Emma, on the other Ernst 1867 Magnus Berthold Australia

Immigrated for Australia 1858-1860-1865

Mannheim - Selina below that Sara dau of Erma (possibily ?) on the other side Joseph 1830 Edward Marcus Max S...... (Poland)

Mannhiem - on one side Rachel poss harbinger on the other Abraham 1795 Joseph Alex

then Mann, Emma or Erma and Grace on one side, 1760 Thrish? Marks

and Mann 1730

So, I would have the family tree

Mann 1730

Thrish Marks Mann 1760, wife or sister Erma and Grace

Abraham Mannheim 1795, siblings Joseph and Alex.
    Abraham married Rachel Harbinger, Joseph Beer married Harissa (?), Alex Mann married Joseph

Abrahams son Joseph b 1830 married Sara dau of Erma? and a name beginning with "E". Edward married a name like Walls, Magnus a "Julius" and Max "Ethel Alfred"

from what you have said the brackets meant Joseph, Edward and Magnus all immigrated - it looks like to South Australia, where a lot of Germans also settled. Perhaps Ernst's father did come to South Australia and maybe returned home to get married and bring his family to Australia. Do you know if Ernst's siblings - Magnus and Berthold, were born in Poland or Australia ?

South Australia is the most difficult state to research as they don't seem to have any on-line resources yet.

Hope this helps a bit, I will have a look at SA resources
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

This might be Edward !!

South Australian naturalizations 1839-91

MANHEIM Edward; dealer of Robe; native of Samoczyn, Kingdom of Prussia; age 37 y; in SA 2 y 8 m; Memorial 23-12-1868; Oath 5-1-1869; Source GG 21-1-1869, SAPP 1872, A711

he also gets a mention in the "SA Deaths and Burials, Govt Gazettes"
      Surname: MANHEIM
      Given name(s): Edward
      Source date: N 1872

It looks like Edward might have stayed or died in South Australia while others moved on to WA.
      Diane
      Sydney Australia
      Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Hi Di,

From what we know of the family Marcus was the only one to have stayed in Australia.So thankyou very much for that information on Edward.Will see if i can order his naturalization from SA.
        It was the names going sideways on the tree that i could not understand.

Thankyou for having a look for me.
        Regards

Comment

Hi Sue, I saw your post on General first so pasting the following here too.
          On Ancestry there is an Ernst Arther Mannheim's naturalization record for Australia and it states
          Name: Ernst Arthur Mannheim
          Date of Naturalization: 2 Jun 1900
          Date of Arrival: 1899
          Birth Rosen, Germany
          Birth Year: abt 1866

Source Citation: State Archives NSW: NRS 1040, [4/1213], Roll: 138, Register No. 14, Page 437

Do you think this is your's?
          Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Hi Daphne

Wondered where that post got to.Put it up before i left for work,then lost it.
            Yes he is my GGrandfather he is the fellow that wrote the family tree.
            Last edited by niftynannie; 16-04-09, 11:23.

Comment

Working...
            X