Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brick wall----Jane Rowley 1883

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help with info on the above.

I've been stymied on this one for ages but had a partial breakthrough today. Jane is my Gt grandma's youngest sister b 1883 in Kidderminster worcs, but also may be shown as born Bewdley or Wribbenhall. I recently found that she was a witness at her bro's wedding in 1904, but couldn't find her on 1911 census. I was also told that she poss married and went to new Zealand, and that one of the Rowleys poss lived around swindon.

So armed with that i did a search on Jane Rowley marriages and the first one i found was in Stroud, Glos, one of the poss husbands was a William Rogers in 1907 Q4. I'm convinced this is the one as in my grans photo album is a pic of `uncle Will Rogers`! and my mum had no idea who he was. I now have the marriage but still can't find them on 1911 census so did they emigrate? All i can think of doing at mo is getting marriage cert for more info on Will. I cant find a record of them emigrating between 1907 & 1911.

Has anyone any ideas or access to NZ info?

Thanks in advance
    Chris

NZ has recently put its BMD indexes on-line, but perhaps not late enough for your needs, but have a look -
    The New Zealand Department of Internal Affairs : Services : Family History Records

Don't know how else you could locate any information - these are the indexes to burials, but you would have to look at each one individually, or have some idea which area they might have lived in:

New Zealand Cemeteries

Di
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

have you found her on the 1901 census to give you more clues
      Last edited by Gwen@coggiecorner; 16-04-09, 09:03.
      GWEN

Comment

Hi cousin Chris and welcome.

There is a William Rogers on 1911 in Stroud, Gloucs born Kidderminster. (if you just put his name and place of birth up he pops)
        Could not see anyone with him - mistranscribed or absent? May be worth getting it to see

Also birth
        mar 1916 name removedRogers mmn Rowley Stroud 6a 580
        cannot see any other possible parents for that time frame

will be in touch soon
        Jayne
        Last edited by KiteRunner; 16-04-09, 10:13. Reason: name removed in case still living
        Jayne

My avatar is great great granny Annie Pugh, possibly christened 24 Feb 1858.

Comment

woops sorry did not mean to put name in.

chris wil pm you the name.

Jayne
          Jayne

Comment

Hi again,

Gwen...had 1901 census its after 1907 marriage i needed.

Jayne...Hi coz....yes thats him on 1911 census...never considered he might be born Kidder!...Jane is with him transcribed as Jenney...no wonder i couldn't find her.....will look at poss offspring now.

Thanks Chris

Comment

Looks more likely that Jenney is Jane,
              parents on 1911 is Charles Henry and Fanny

people by those names married Kidd jun 1882,
              William Rogers is with Charles and Fanny in 1891 in Kidd.

Jayne
              Jayne

Comment

will is with fanny 1901 in kidder
                Charles a boarder in Glos

Comment

Working...
                X