Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roots magic software

hi,

does anyone have expirience of this software? is it as good as it seems?

although i have managed to get the my heritage software it is limited to 50ppl unless i buy the programme which is £50 per year. :o i'd rather get a 1 off payment programme.

roots magic seems to be very much like FTM in layout and easy to use, but i dont want to buy it just on this reason.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

I've used it for the last 4 + years I find it very easy to use, I'm running Version 3.2.6 but V4 has just hit the shops, although it's cheap to buy it does everything it says on the tin and takes about 5 mins to master. After reading about your exploites with your PC and software I don't think you will be disapointed in Roots.
    In my opinion
    L
    Last edited by It_Is_I_Leclerc; 15-04-09, 16:18. Reason: wrong years ammended

Comment

I used to use RM but found that the charts didn't look very nice and were difficult to manipulate, also if you have a group photo it is difficult to assign 'heads' to the people in your file. I hoped that V4 would address this problem but the charting doesn't seem to have been touched. V4 used to be available as a free download so you could try before you by.

I now use Family Historian which is very easy, does professional looking charts which are very (easily) adaptable and lets you assign the heads on group photos at just the click of a button, it is also a British made programme though obviously it is made for the world wide market. I am now waiting impatiently for V4. I think that you can still download V3 as a trial, so you could try that one too.

Margaret
      Margaret

Comment

Working...
      X