Searching for birth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for birth

Hi everyone, I'm searching for the birth of my grandmother Ethel Hopper year 1892, father John Hopper in england.

Thank you

There's several on free bdm but you need to know whereabouts she's from.

FreeBMD - Search

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Thank you JBee, but I dont know where she was from.. Her mother's name was Fanny Mary Hopper nee Clark

Comment

Have you found the family in the censuses? Do you know where the parents were from?

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Can't see her in 1901 Census - none had father John.

However did find 3 sisters in Dover Union Workhouse with no parents.

Ada Rose 9
          Ethel Mary 8
          Lucy 6

Class: RG13; Piece: 844; Folio: 109; Page: 10.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I've had no luck tracing a marriage for Ethel's parents or any census record for Fanny (or Frances) and John.

You said "in England". Did Ethel leave the country at some point? Do you know when she died and where?

Do you know any more about Fanny and John?

Do you have John's occupation from Ethel's marriage cert?

Comment

Working...
            X