Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What area is covered by a Kensell Rise death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What area is covered by a Kensell Rise death?

Hi

Me again,

I now have some definite information on my grandfather's death. He died in London in late 1954/55. My Mum is not sure whether he died in hospital or at home but he lived at:

116a College Road

and is buried at

Kensell Green Cemetery

Can anyone help me with picking out the right death in Ancestory?

Think it might be Camden district.

Comment

I have just googled the Kensal Green Cemetery and its huge. I had no idea it was so important and well kept up. How do you go about finding out who is buried where, as I don't think my granddad will be anywhere near Brunel, Thackeray or Wilkie Collins.

Comment

Mum is not sure whether he died in hospital
        If he died in hospital then he will be recorded in whichever district the hospital was in, rather than the district his home was in.

Comment

Redacted

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
            If he died in hospital then he will be recorded in whichever district the hospital was in, rather than the district his home was in.
            Shame of it is that my Mum can't remember whether he died at home or in hospital. At the time of his death, she had a terminally ill husband, a stepson (my half brother), a four year old (my sister) and she and my Dad had aunty (wo wasn't she was granddad's latest lady) come and stay at our home in Surrey. She does remember going to view the body with aunty, at home in College Road prior to the burial. So whether he had died elsewhere and went home to be 'laid out' I don't know and the elsewhere is where the death is notified, I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
              My youngest sons' grandfather is buried at Kensall Green and I have been there many times, in the past. It's a fascinating cemetery. He was Catholic, so is in that part of the cemetery with the gravestones with photos of the deceased on,, etc. The place is a mine of information!

He came from out in Essex, and so I have a feeling that cemetery covers people from all over London as other family members buried there were from Clerkenwell and Bethnal Green.
              My mother was brought up a Catholic so that would fit.

Comment

Kensal Green Cemetery - The Official Website of Kensal Green Cemetery - London
                ~ with love from Little Nell~
                Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Can anyone help me with picking out the right death in Ancestory?
                  Not if you don't tell us his name and how old he would have been! (and don't say John Smith :()

I presume, from your previous message, that the rough date your mum gave (1954/55) would be pretty accurate, given all the other things going on at the time?

Comment

Not if you don't tell us his name and how old he would have been! (and don't say John Smith :()

I presume, from your previous message, that the rough date your mum gave (1954/55) would be pretty accurate, given all the other things going on at the time?
                    Sorry, forgot the obvious information, he was called Thomas Wilson but I am not too certain exactly how old he would have been when he died.

Comment

Was he the one who married in 1919? Didn't the marriage cert give an age for him?

Comment

Was he the one who married in 1919? Didn't the marriage cert give an age for him?
                        You are wide awake. some of us aren't! lol

We can work it out now. He was 28 in 1919, therefore he had to be about born about 1891 and at death would have been around 64ish (is that right).

Comment

Sounds good, and he could have been recorded as Thomas W or just Thomas?

Comment

I don't know is the simple answer, but he was known as Thomas on the marriage certificate.

Comment

I'll put up all the London ones aged 60-70!

Thomas Wilson aged 61 1955 Q4 Ealing 5e 30
                              Thomas Wilson aged 68 1854 Q4 Islington 5c 886
                              Thomas Wilson aged 68 1854 Q1 Edmonton 5e 389

Well, none of those look particularly likely! (I just did the two years)

Comment

Working...
                              X