Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new zealand records

without trying to appear daft:o

Are there no census records for New Zealand?

http://www.lincoln.ac.nz/libr/guides/stats1.pdf

The census was done form 1840 but I don't know if there are any available for research.
    Kit

Comment

I have contact with a researcher in New Zealand
      What is it you are looking for and I'll pass it on as a request
      Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 15-04-09, 10:24.

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

There are no census records available....the info is taken from them for statistical purposes and then they are destroyed........they work by numbers here, so they don't have your name on the papers anyway.
        Sorry.
        Last edited by Lyn A; 15-04-09, 11:16.

Comment

my 3rd great grandparents emigrated from Germany to New Zealand.
          Frederich Kulling 1829 - 1904 and wife Caroline nee Brunke d 1896. All their children were born in Germany.
          Their daughter Caroline Kulling 1867 - 1931 married 1891 to Thomas Philip Schofield 1867-1937 who emigrated from Yorkshire.
          Their daughter Edith Ethel b 1887 Wellington married Samuel Hall in 1910 and their daughter Alma Hall b 1906 NZ is my grandmother.
          I just wondered if any census was available that might give addresses or further details of the family etc.
          My mum was born in Gisbourne in 1927 and we have tried to locate where she lived with her parents but we have not been able to pinpoint the location. If there was a census between 1927 and 1933 when she was there then that would relly help. (I know, i your dreams) LOL :D

Comment

Do you have the actual birth certs from NZ, Gloryer??

They contain a lot of info. I have my grandfather's from 1885 which has a lot of info.

There is also a newspaper site where I found my grandfather's school awards, etc.

I think it's Papers Past. I'll have a check.

Comment

Only goes to 1920 by the look....

Papers Past

Comment

New Zealand BMD site
                Search

Researching:
                FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
                X