can you put me out of my misery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you put me out of my misery

I thought I would go back and look for a few of my missing Burwash's but yet again I cannot find the one I am looking for Henry Burwash born 1833 London Islington.
    I have him on 1841 with his parents David & Ann Burwash and then I cannot find him on the 1851 or 1861.
    In fact I cannot see his father in 1851 either!
    I have his father on the 1861 and 1871 census but he is not with him.
    Has anyone time to look to see if they can find him.
    GWEN

HI
    could this be them HO107 Peice 1519 FColio 263 page 18

Laura

Comment

Thanks Laura I've seen that one but it is a different family but thanks for looking. It drives you mad this hobby sometimes !!!!
      GWEN

Comment

Hi
        I am still looking my eyes needed to look at something other than Cliff for a while

Laura

Comment

I can't find David in 1851 (was concentrating on him!), but did find this:

Daily News (London, England), Saturday, January 4, 1851

Fetch.jpg

So maybe two addresses to investigate?

Comment

Merry that is fab where did you find it? It is the family.
            I did a search on the Genealogist site and an entry came up for the family in 1851 so signed up for a free trial and looked at the entries and it is the family so tried to find page number etc, etc, but all it said a the bottom of the page was H0107, 1587 and the address they are livng at is 4 Peckham Rd. I tried to find it on ancestry as it must be transcribed wrong but cannot find it. Can you help.
            Ps I would love to have a copy of that I have been looking for Anne's death for ages and as there are quite a few Anne burwash was not able to select the right one.
            Last edited by Gwen@coggiecorner; 14-04-09, 16:29.
            GWEN

Comment

gwen, can you give me any more info frpm that 1851 record you found?

Comment

I found the clipping on the Gale newspaper site that I have access to through my local library.

If you right click it you should be able to save it to your computer

Comment

Originally posted by Gwen@coggiecorner View Post
                  Merry that is fab where did you find it? It is the family.
                  I did a search on the Genealogist site and an entry came up for the family in 1851 so signed up for a free trial and looked at the entries and it is the family so tried to find page number etc, etc, but all it said a the bottom of the page was H0107, 1587 and the address they are livng at is 4 Peckham Rd. I tried to find it on ancestry as it must be transcribed wrong but cannot find it. Can you help.
                  Ps I would love to have a copy of that I have been looking for Anne's death for ages and as there are quite a few Anne burwash was not able to select the right one.
                  Gwen
                  On the Genealogist site under Folio Ref. the "~F251" is the floio ref but you don't get the page number as you do on Ancestry, you have to look at the image, in this case the page number can't be read.
                  I've also had a look on Ancestry and I couldn't find it, that's one of the reasons I have to spend a fortune and subscribe to both sites to pick up anomolies like this.
                  L

Comment

I saved the image to my computer and tried to copy it on here but it wont let me. The census is hard to read but it shows David Burwash born 1798 london with his children Edward, Sidney, Harriet, and has a servant with them Mary Ford age 32. I am going to look for the servant on ancestry to see if I can find her and it might lead me to the page they are on and the name they have been transcribed as.
                    GWEN

Comment

Oh OH
                      I think I have them Oh I have hope for mine LOL

Just think about it do not dismiss it out right under Karwosk

HO107 Piece 1581 Folio

Comment

your are not going to belive this one I found the entry on ancestry and we would never have found even if we had been here all night it you have to look believe it
                        Class: HO107; Piece: 1581;
                        Davis Karwosk 53
                        Henry Liza Karwosk 18
                        Edward Karwosk 16
                        Harriet A Karwosk 14
                        Sydney Karwosk 10
                        Harriette Karwosk 46
                        Mary Ford 32
                        Ann Jane Karwosk 7
                        GWEN

Comment

pmsl!! Mind you, the image is a bit ropy!!

Comment

Stop all shouting at once!!! :D:D

Comment

Does that mean I have a great mind (don't riun my high please ) LOL

Laura

Comment

I agree Merry but not sure how they arrived at that spelling. I will have to tell hubby as we get called everything burnash, birdwash, bugwash pugwash, bagwash the list is endless so will have to add that one to them. LOL
                                Just need to find him on 1861 the mind boggles.
                                GWEN

Comment

Well done Laura we got there in the end a big thank you
                                  GWEN

Comment

Well done both of you!!

I rather prefer Pugwash! lol

Comment

I will have to do a correction to Ancestry.
                                      Thanks again Merry for the newspaper cutting.
                                      I've managed to track the kids in this family expect Henry so see were it will lead me now.
                                      GWEN

Comment

gwen, did David Burwash remarry to a younger woman? There's a death notice for a Mary Lucinda B. Do you need a copy?

Comment

Working...
                                        X