Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army Deaths

Hi
    Could anyone please tell me how to go about finding an army death. My fathers brother was born in 1926 his name Arthur Pearson. He died in the Army but not in the war I have been told. He died of peritonitis and is either buried in Germany or Belgium. Where do I start. I have no idea, never having looked into anything like this before.
    I do hope some kind person can help me out here, giving me some pointers on places to search

Thanks
    Lynda

I don't have access to the overseas deaths any more, but for those who do, some idea of date would really help

Comment

Hi
      There's an Arthur Pearson listed on the CWGC site who died in 1945 age 18
      son of Frank & Emma Pearson of Leeds.
      Moggie

Comment

I really have not got any idea of the date I can only assume it was after the 2ND World War from anecdotal evidence and before 1960. That is all I have. As I say I have never looked up anything to do with the Army and have no idea what to do, or where to go

Thanks very much for your reply.

Lynda

Comment

Thanks for that, the names of his parents is something I do know, they are Samuel Blease Pearson and Elizabeth Maud Pearson. I did not realise that the names of the parents were given.

Thanks again

Lynda

Comment

From Findmypast on the overseas deaths Army 1951-1955
            Arthur Pearson age 25 Dusseldorf 1952 (2) Page 7.
            Not sure what the (2) means but I have saved the image if you want it.
            Margaret

Comment

Thanks very much Margaret that sounds like it could be the one I am looking for.I would love to see the image how do I go about that.
              I had not a clue how to search for him as he is the 1st but not the last I expect I shall come across as an army death.
              Thanks very much again for doing this

Lynda

Comment

PM me your email address and I will send the image. FindmyPast has a full set of Overseas BMDs so very useful for any event relating to a British Citizen outside the UK.
                Margaret
                PS I checked up to 1960 and apart from quite a few during the war nothing else found

Comment

Probable birth...

Births Dec 1926

Pearson Arthur ...Hankinson ...Bucklow 8a 237

Comment

Thanks very much for that Gwyn that is definately the birth. Just managed to figure out why I could find a death of a different person on free bmd but not on ancestry. I got there in the end and found it on both. Its not in the transcribed index as yet. New to ancestry still learning where to search etc...
                    Thanks again
                    Lynda

Comment

Working...
                    X