Help needed to find George....Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed to find George....Please

I am trying to work out which George Sullivan birth cert to order to help me with my brickwall (which was previously discussed on here), and was hoping for an opinion from anyone. George appears on the 1901 Census as a 28yo Bricklayer, born c1873 St Lukes Middlesex London; so far this is the only census I have found. (Source Citation: Class: RG13; Piece: 258; Folio: 119; Page: 68) I am hoping George was born to a Mary A Morton c1845 (nee Ingram) and a Thomas Sullivan c1845. I have now ordered/received birth certificates for hopefully two of Georges brothers Thomas Sullivan 13/9/1868 St Lukes London Middlesex and Daniel 13/12/1886 London City Middlesex. Any help appreciated...
    [COLOR="Purple"][COLOR="darkorchid"]Thanks

Mystic.........

If he was b in St Lukes, for that date the district should be Holborn.

Comment

Thanks Merry.....I had looked for a birth around Holborn but there seems to be several for "Georges", was hoping to try and narrow it down a little. I suppose I was after any suggestions of how/where I can look to find George other than 1901, as the family must have been mistranscribed for 1891, if I could locate something other than this one census it might give me a little more to go on.

Mystic.........

Comment

The two I found both had middle names - Albert and Cornelius.

Comment

yep, I saw those but I have no way of knowing if they are the right ones.....I really dont want to order 10 certificates to find one person, so I am kind of stuck if I cant find another way of linking George to Daniel, Thomas and Mary A.

Mystic.........

Comment

Have you looked for your George in 1911?

Comment

No I haven't got access to it. Also I am still wary as all I know is he is possibly born in c1873?? if he was telling the truth on the 1901 census. I'm unsure of his definate place of birth with only that one census (you know how they vary from census to census), thats part of the reason I tried to find his siblings to tie it all in.

Mystic.........

Comment

Was he married by 1911? If yes, who to?!!

Comment

I dont have any details......have parents wedding and brothers births but nothing on george, knowing he was living with his brother Daniel in 1901 and Daniel was married by 1906, so I assume George married by then too???

Mystic.........

Comment

I've just realised who we are talking about (bit slow today!!) lol

Comment

Ha Ha....please dont run away from me.....:o

Mystic.........

Comment

Could this be Daniel in 1891 RG12; Piece: 273; Folio 55; Page 50; ?
                        Margaret

Comment

I will just have a look now...

Mystic.........

Comment

*rushes off to eat lunch* :D

Comment

I have actually found that census and hold it as a record for Daniel for 1891 until I find something that prooves this wrong. I assume that Daniels mother died around his birth and he could have been fosteredbut where was the rest of the family ie; George, if this was true?

Mystic.........

Comment

On the 1911 census there is only one George Sullivan b1873 City of London, Holborn, none of the others are born anywhere feasible for St Lukes. Also you found Daniel in City of London.
                                The transcript shows this George is police constable - does that make sense?
                                I have the image if you want it.

Comment

Merry have you really gone to eat lunch or is that your polite way of excusing yourself now that you worked out who the family is??

Mystic.........

Comment

Thats Great Margaret, I would love the image Margaret, it is more than I have been able to find!

Mystic.........

Comment

Could this be George in 1891 RG12; Piece: 1342; Folio 123; Page 6; I know the year of birth is out a bit but it's an Industrial School.
                                      If you pm me your email address I will send the 1911 image
                                      Margaret

Comment

Have just PM'd details, just going to look at 1891 census stated...

Mystic.........

Comment

Working...
                                        X