Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• entering BMD information

hello,
    Just joined the forum, my first ever question, where do i enter information from my BMD collection, and what information from them do i enter, i am running family tree maker 2009 and live in the uk, sorry to say but i am finding the programme very confusing. thanks for any responces.

Regards gunner 56

Hi gunner, Welcome to Family Tree Forum

I can't answer your question as I don't use FTM, but there are loads of people here who do, so I'm sure someone will be along to answer your question soon.......

Just thought I'd say Hello!

Comment

Hi gunner, and welcome to FTF.

The normal thing to do is to add the BMD information as a source note attached to any actual birth, marriage or death date you have entered in your program.
      So for example if you have a BMD fact of a birth registered 1880 3rd quarter Greenwich, volume 1d page 85, then against the person in your tree I would add the birth year of 1880, and add as a source 1880 3qtr., Greenwich 1d, 85

When adding a date in the birth, marriage or death field, avoid entering it as 1880 3rd quarter - as that is not a recognised format for Family Tree Maker.

To the right of the birth, marriage or death field you will see an icon. If you click on this you can add your source citation.

There are some instructions on how to add sources in the FTM 2009 Online Help
      Answer

I have to say that I find FTM 2009 far more complicated to use than FTM 2006 - have a look through the link I have given to you and if you don't understand it or cannot work it out then I'll try to put together some simple instructions with screenshots.
      Elaine

Comment

Hello Elaine, thank you for the welcome, looking at the link after tea, thanks for the tips, and your right about complicated, i cant see me sticking with it, my old programme was far simpler, oh well, thanks again

Regards gunner

Comment

Working...
        X