elizabeth sarah newman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elizabeth sarah newman

I'm looking for Elizabeth Sarah Newman age in 1927 in her 20s? lived in Romford in 1927 and 1929 at Babbercombe,Biggin Hill,Kent,she had 2 children Joyce Constance James in 1929 my mother and Evelyn Irene James in 1927.Any help would be great.

Welcome to Family Tree Forum.

Can I ask you to confirm that none of the people you mention in your first post are still alive as we do not allow details of living people to be posted on the forum.

Re Elizabeth Sarah Newman, what sort of information are you looking for? Are you trying to work backwards with her parents or are you trying to work forward with living relatives?
    Elaine

Comment

I've just been looking for Elizabeth's marriage to a Mr James, but I can't see anything obvious. It'd be helpful to get the marriage cert, because it'd give the ages and fathers' names of your mother's parents.

Comment

Hi Kath and welcome to FTF. The usual way to find births in the early 20th. century is to use FreeBMD at FreeBMD Home Page (it's also available on Ancestry).

You should be able to find all three births fairly easily. If not, do shout.

By the way, if your mother or aunt are still alive, please remove their names. Names of living people aren't permitted on FTF.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Hi kath, welcome to Family Tree Forum

Can I just confirm that all the people you have mentioned are deceased? It's just that we have a policy of not giving information on living people without their consent.

I was just looking for a Newman/James marriage, but can't see it. Do you have her marriage cert? That would tell you her father's details and her age.

Comment

This is a good possibility for Elizabeth's birth:

Births Mar 1908
            Newman Elizabeth Sarah / Bromley / 2a 557

because your mother's birth was registered in the same district.

However, that obviously isn't conclusive.

You can find the births here:

FreeBMD - Search

Comment

Elizabeth Sarah Newman

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post

Can I ask you to confirm that none of the people you mention in your first post are still alive as we do not allow details of living people to be posted on the forum.

Re Elizabeth Sarah Newman, what sort of information are you looking for? Are you trying to work backwards with her parents or are you trying to work forward with living relatives?
              Hi,
              No all dead now,i've been trying to locate or just some info on Elizabeth only know that I have been trying to find this lady for years ,I have no birth or marriage cert or death cert.I have found my mothers,fathers side of family not a problem now just wanted to know more about Elizabeth as my mother told me she died when she was very small.
              Kath

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                This is a good possibility for Elizabeth's birth:

Births Mar 1908
                Newman Elizabeth Sarah / Bromley / 2a 557

because your mother's birth was registered in the same district.

However, that obviously isn't conclusive.

You can find the births here:

FreeBMD - Search
                Hi,
                I found that one but did'nt want to asume that was her until I got another clue.Thanks anyway.Kath

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post

Can I just confirm that all the people you have mentioned are deceased? It's just that we have a policy of not giving information on living people without their consent.

I was just looking for a Newman/James marriage, but can't see it. Do you have her marriage cert? That would tell you her father's details and her age.
                  No all the people are dead now,I have no Marriage,birth or death certs only my mothers and Elizabeth is put on there as formley Newman but you can say anything.
                  Thanks Kath

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
                    Hi Kath and welcome to FTF. The usual way to find births in the early 20th. century is to use FreeBMD at FreeBMD Home Page (it's also available on Ancestry).

You should be able to find all three births fairly easily. If not, do shout.

By the way, if your mother or aunt are still alive, please remove their names. Names of living people aren't permitted on FTF.
                    Found Joyce and Evelyn's birth and all are dead now.
                    Thanks for info,Kath

Comment

kath, do you have any idea when Elizabeth Sarah Joyce died? If it was after 1969 then her date of birth should be included in the death registration index entry, and even if it was before that, her age at death (all that's recorded before 1969) might be helpful.

Do you know her husband's first name?

Comment

No they're all dead.I have'nt been able to find anything at all no marriage or birth cert for Elizabeth.i've been looking for years but can't find anything only a birth cert for Elizabeth Sarah Newman in Bromley in 1908 but can't assume this is here.

Comment

kath, do you have any idea when Elizabeth Sarah Joyce died? If it was after 1969 then her date of birth should be included in the death registration index entry, and even if it was before that, her age at death (all that's recorded before 1969) might be helpful.

Do you know her husband's first name?
                          My mother(Joyce) was told here mother Eliabeth Mary died about 1932ish the husband was Thomas James and he was born in Capcoch,Wales in 1900

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post

All dead,Trying to go back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                              I've just been looking for Elizabeth's marriage to a Mr James, but I can't see anything obvious. It'd be helpful to get the marriage cert, because it'd give the ages and fathers' names of your mother's parents.
                              No can't find a marriage I think they were'nt.Thomas James was born in 1900 don't know about Elizabeth.

Comment

Originally posted by kath fenning View Post
                                My mother(Joyce) was told here mother Eliabeth Mary died about 1932ish the husband was Thomas James and he was born in Capcoch,Wales in 1900
                                Hmmmm....you said her name was Elizabeth Sarah in the original post!

I'll have a look to see if I can find her death.

Did Thomas James marry anyone else after Elizabeth died? Do you know who? (Might help with tracing him beck if you don't have his history)

Comment

Is it likely Elizabeth died in Romford, or the London area at least? The reason I ask is there's a couple of deaths at the start of 1933 (couldn't see anything likely before this) in South Wales and as you said that is where Thomas came from, I wondered if they had moved?

At the moment I'm looking under surname James, but she might have been registered under Newman (though less likely) if they were not married.

Comment

I've gone up to the end of 1934 looking at all the Elizabeth James, as I'm now unsure of her middle name. Found a couple of younger women in Wales as I said before, but none around London, though it's possible I've missed something as it's harder when you are not sure exactly what you are looking for!! lol

Comment

I've gone up to the end of 1934 looking at all the Elizabeth James, as I'm now unsure of her middle name. Found a couple of younger women in Wales as I said before, but none around London, though it's possible I've missed something as it's harder when you are not sure exactly what you are looking for!! lol
                                      Hi,
                                      Thankyou for all the hard work you're doing.well I don't know if Thomas James remarried all I know when Elizabeth died I presume it was in the London,Biggin Hill ? but I do know that Thomas,Joyce and Evelyn then went back to Wales about 1932/33/34?.Also my Mother Joyce was told she had died I'm wondering did she ?.I've found Thomas side's of the family back to end of 1700's just Elizabeths is stumping me.I was wondering ,when I remarried I had to marry in formers husband's name, maybe Elizabeth was a widow and married in former name.I have tried for at least 20 yrs on and off to find Elizabeth for my Mother when she was alive but now as I'm getting on quiet well with Thomas sides I thought I would re open Elizabeth again but realize I need alot of help as I got no where last time.Many thanks Kath.

Comment

Oh, 20 years, not long then!! OH has been after his grandfather for longer; despite knowing him for nearly 20 years, we now realise he appeared on the face of the earth aged about 20!! lol

Was Elizabeth's middle name Mary or Sarah?

Have you investigated the electoral rolls for the addresses where your mother and aunt were born, to see if you can work out exactly when the family left. (probably a long shot!)

If Edward and Elizabeth were not married then it might be very difficult to get anywhere, as you obviously realise! You have to ask yourself why not too.....

Comment

Working...
                                        X