X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help find a marriage please

I am having trouble finding a marriage between
    Winifred J Carroll b1919 in West Derby, Lancs (liverpool) and
    Arthur McElhatton b abt 1920 I believe in Hebburn, Tyne and Wear.
    I don't know if they married in West Derby or Tyne and Wear area. I know she lived in Stockton on Tees until she died in 1983.

I have found a son Apr May Jun 1954

I have no certificates at the moment, as far as I know Winifred was not divorced or widowed. I don't know what the J stands for as her middle name.
    Any help is appreciated... maybe my search finger doesn't work Public Holidays
    Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 13-04-09, 12:39. Reason: removed name of possibly living person
    John

Brick wall in Ireland demolished after 25 years! Looking for any more Carrolls of Stradbally Parish, Waterford in particular Thomas Carroll b1861 married Bridget Leavy 1896 in QLD Australia..chipping away!

There are two likely siblings for him in 1951 and 1953, so you might want to try 1950ish for the marriage?
    Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 13-04-09, 12:39.

Comment

are Arthur and Winifred dec'd?

Are you sure this isn't Arthur? Older than you thought?

Name: Arthur John McElhatton
      Birth Date: 9 Nov 1908
      Death Registration Month/Year: Nov 1987
      Age at death (estimated): 79
      Registration district: Central Cleveland
      Inferred County: Cleveland
      Volume: 3
      Page: 2241
      Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 13-04-09, 12:39.

Comment

I wonder if these are related:

Marriages Sep 1930
        Carroll Abigail
        McElhatton Joseph
        Gateshead 10a 2055
        Tracy

Comment

He is without doubt an Ex McElhatton.. I remember his son John sending my dad a letter. I have looked at 1950 10yrs either way... just cant seem to find it.
          I am still looking... a couple of extra siblings could be good news? Thank you
          John

Brick wall in Ireland demolished after 25 years! Looking for any more Carrolls of Stradbally Parish, Waterford in particular Thomas Carroll b1861 married Bridget Leavy 1896 in QLD Australia..chipping away!

Comment

Both Winifred and Arthur are dead.... Arthur could well be older, yes indeed he could. I will look at that one Orange Thank you both... hope we can sort this... my grass needs cutting
            John

Comment

If its the same Arthur McElhatton born in Hebburn 1920, Ive just discovered he is my husbands father

Comment

McElhatton's in Hebburn on Tyneside

Originally posted by John_8251 View Post
                I am having trouble finding a marriage between
                Winifred J Carroll b1919 in West Derby, Lancs (liverpool) and
                Arthur McElhatton b abt 1920 I believe in Hebburn, Tyne and Wear.
                I don't know if they married in West Derby or Tyne and Wear area. I know she lived in Stockton on Tees until she died in 1983.

I have found a son Apr May Jun 1954

I have no certificates at the moment, as far as I know Winifred was not divorced or widowed. I don't know what the J stands for as her middle name.
                Any help is appreciated... maybe my search finger doesn't work Public Holidays
                Hi John,
                I don't suppose you have a photo of Arthur.
                I am a bit of a Local Historian & know a lot of Hebburn people. I also visit two relatives in two of the local Hebburn care homes. Some of the residents are the same age as Arthur so a photo might spur there memories of him. They may have lost short term memory but they retain long term memory & can still recognise photos & talk about the past as if it was yesterday. My late mother & her late sister both knew the McElhatton's.They attended the same School (St Aloysius RC). Mam was born in 1922 so two yrs younger than Arthur.
                I don't know if it is acceptable to give email addresses but here is mine email address removed
                Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 28-06-11, 14:46. Reason: email address removed

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Frankiemac.
                  Unfortunately we do not allow email addresses to be published but if John does have a photo perhaps he could send you a PM (personal message) via the forum.
                  You have your options set so that you will receive an email notification if anyone sends you such a message.
                  Elaine

Comment

Hello Elaine,
                    Sorry I added an email address which you removed promptly.
                    John first asked his question at the start of this thread in 2007. Have you any way you can get intouch to tell him of my interest?
                    If not then he could have just gave up checking the site.

Comment

I was going to suggest you send him a personal message but he has does not have his options set to receive email notification of messages.
                      I will contact him by email and tell him of your interest.
                      Elaine

Comment

Hello Elaine,
                        Sorry to trouble you but as I haven't heard from 'John' who started the thread off regarding Arthur McElhatton I thought I'd check & ask if you managed to email him. If you did, then it is possible he has changed email addresses as it is 4 yrs since his question.

Comment

I sent an email to the address we have on our database.
                          Although he is not a regular visitor to the forum, he does pop in from time to time. According to his profile he last logged in in April 2011.
                          Why not send him a PM (personal message) which he can pick up next time he visits FTF. Click on his username to the left of his post for the option to send a message.
                          Elaine

Comment

Just an update... took a few years but hey.
                            I found the marriage to Winifred Josephine Carroll to JOHN Arthur McElhatton in the 2/4 1945 at Prescot, Lancashire..... I now have 3 children, born in the 1950's. John Arthur McElhatton was known to us as Arthur hence the problem finding the marriage and the only death I can find is for Arthur John McElhatton in 1987, central Cleveland. This is quite likely to be him... I am sending off for the marriage and death certs this week. I have replied with more detail to Frankiemac.
                            Thanks to all for helping me out
                            John

Comment

Arthur McElhatton

Hi John, Thanks for your reply.
                              Out of interest & when you get the Birth & Marriage certificates can you tell me if the John Arthur McElhatton is the one who was born in Hebburn & who were his parents?

regards,
                              frankiemac50

Comment

Working...
                              X