Death index- need month of death please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death index- need month of death please

Just been in Ancestry and I need a subs to go into the actual death index.

I want to order the death cert for William Henry Bryant born 1882 Cardiff.

In the past I have obtained the reference:

1943 Oct quarter Vol 11a, p332 Cardiff

Can anyone with the time and subs, get me the month of his death.?
    Many thanks...
    Liz

Liz, I've checked the reference and can confirm it is correct (age at death was 61).
    If you want the date of death then you will have to order the certificate - there is no way of finding this out from Ancestry.
    Elaine

Comment

Elaine - thanks for confirming it is correct...it is so long since I did research on him that I can't remember how I did it. In the death index, can you only get the quarter not the month as in the BMD index on Ancestry?
      Liz

Comment

Liz, it is only for records for 1984 and after that you get a month. Prior to that it is just the quarter.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Thanks Elizabeth...when I have done a general search for a name on Ancestry for earlier years, the main list has put the month of the BMD but then not in the actual item when I bring it on screen.

Will post my letter off now to the R.O. I need some verifications on this one and another I am applying for. Cardiff RO have always gone the extra mile for me in the past...
          Liz

Comment

Originally posted by Liz from Lancs View Post
            Thanks Elizabeth...when I have done a general search for a name on Ancestry for earlier years, the main list has put the month of the BMD but then not in the actual item when I bring it on screen.
            The "month" you got is the nominal month of the registration quarter (Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct). Until computerisation from 1984, the indexes were quarterly.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thanks Unc. John.
              Liz

Comment

Working...
              X