marriage look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marriage look up please

Hi can anyone out there help me find a marriage.....? Charles William Bibby & phyllis Gertrude Mc Loughlin. I think about 1935 or thereabouts. married in birmingham . I have searched every site I can think of , with no luck. I would be very greatfull for any help.

Originally posted by mollie cross View Post
    Hi can anyone out there help me find a marriage.....? Charles William Bibby & phyllis Gertrude Mc Loughlin. I think about 1935 or thereabouts. married in birmingham . I have searched every site I can think of , with no luck. I would be very greatfull for any help.
    Hi Mollie,
    You will need to look at the BMD images on Ancestry for 1935 as the information is not yet transcribed.
    Here's a link to where you search
    England & Wales, Marriage Index: 1837-1983 - Ancestry.co.uk
    Margaret

Comment

There's a birth in Q1 1940 in Warwickshire for a possible child of that couple.

Have you searched any sites that give you the whole GRO index (where you have to search quarter by quarter)??

Comment

I've looked in the marriage index for 1934, 35, 36, 37 and found no marraige for Biddy /Mcloughlin are you sure of the year?
        GWEN

Comment

checked 1938/39 no luck
          Last edited by Gwen@coggiecorner; 12-04-09, 16:47.
          GWEN

Comment

I decided to give one more year a search and then give up and you are in luck
            I found it in 1933

Charles W Biddy/Mcloughlin
            Quarter: Oct/Nov/Dec
            Volume: 6D
            Page: 986
            District: Birmingham
            GWEN

Comment

Hi merrymonty , thanks for that . which sites give the whole GRO index?
              Regards Mollie

Comment

Hi gwen , absolutely brilliant . Now I can send for a Marriage Cert' .
                Thank you so much .
                Mollie

Comment

re marriage look up

:D:I want to say a Biiiiig thak you to all the folks who responded to my marriage look up .Bibby ? Mc Loughlin.
                  This site is so brilliant . So thanks again to all who responded.
                  Regards to all of you , Mollie.

Comment

Originally posted by mollie cross View Post
                    Hi merrymonty , thanks for that . which sites give the whole GRO index?
                    Regards Mollie
                    Ancestry have them and I think you can have a free membership for the BMD images.
                    Margaret

Comment

Working...
                    X