Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too much of a coincidence not to be the same woman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much of a coincidence not to be the same woman?

Can you please have a quick look at this and tell me if, like me, you think this is the same woman.

June 1889 Kensington - Mary Ann Leary married William Fitzgerald, her address at time of marriage was 61 St Clements Rd, Kensington.

Son William born Dec 1889 Kensington to William and Marian Fitzgerald (formally O Leary) father's address on bc is 61 St Clements Rd, Kensington, although child was born Bomore Rd, Kensington.

Thanks
    Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Yes

Comment

Goody
      Jules

I'anson of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Bannister of Lincolnshire. Burnett of Northumberland. Carter of Sussex and Hampshire. Goldring of Sussex and Hampshire. Fitzgerald of Goodness knows where. Smith of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Dixon of Lincolnshire. Payne of Hampshire

Comment

Yes it's the same women. I've got Mary Ann's that become Marian.

Was the birth registered by the father?
        Jay

Comment

That's surely the same woman!
          Hail Spode!

Comment

Originally posted by JayG View Post
            Yes it's the same women. I've got Mary Ann's that become Marian.

Was the birth registered by the father?
            Yes, by the father.
            Jules

Comment

Go on, say it - "Typical man who can't remember how to spell his wife's name". Perhaps he went to wet the baby's head on the way to the register office.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
                Go on, say it - "Typical man who can't remember how to spell his wife's name". Perhaps he went to wet the baby's head on the way to the register office.
                My grandfather wet the baby's head before he went to the register office and so he forgot the names his wife had given him for their daughter. Instead he used his initiative and named the child Florence, after his wife, plus June after the month of the baby's arrival.

Unfortunately his wife hated her own first name and the baby was born in May not June, so he was in trouble when he got home........:D

Comment

Working...
                X