1851 lookup, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1851 lookup, please

Jane Nightingale born c1801 Warks / occ; ribbon weaver ...

In 1841 she's living in Nuneaton with dau Elizth born c1835 and son Joseph born 1840 (at least, I presume they are her children)
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

I have had a reasonably good look at 1851 and deaths and can't see any of them at all.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thanks for looking, Uncle John ... Elizth married in 1858 ~ wonder where the family is hiding in 1851?
      Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 11-04-09, 16:01.

Comment

There is a Jane Nightingale age 15 born Hurley, Warks and living nearby in Kingsbury with her sister Ann age 34 and her father John age 69.

HO107; Piece: 2013; Folio: 482; Page: 20
        Robert

Comment

thanks for the info Robert ... I've made a note of it and will see if it fits in with what I have ....

Comment

I just tried finding them in 1841 first to see if there are any other clues and the only ones i could find are Mary Nightengale with Elizabeth and Joseph

- Ancestry.co.uk

Is this who we are looking for? (having said that, I still can't find them in 1851)
            Jackie

Comment

Possible for the daughter

HO107; Piece: 2068; Folio: 85; Page: 25

Elizabeth (transcribed as) Nightingainl aged 14 servant b Nuneaton
              Jackie

Comment

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
                I just tried finding them in 1841 first to see if there are any other clues and the only ones i could find are Mary Nightengale with Elizabeth and Joseph

- Ancestry.co.uk

Is this who we are looking for? (having said that, I still can't find them in 1851)
                Hi Jackie - I used Freecen to track down Elizth Nightingale in 1841 and they seem to have mistranscribed her mother Mary > Jane, sending me down the wrong track. Thankfully HeatherD and yourself have drawn attention to the error ...

Thanks for the 1851 info about Elizth Nightingale ... she married Henry Arnold in 1858 and I've got 1881 census info for them off FamilySearch (Ancestry subs recently ran out!)

Comment

Working...
                X