Copying part of a DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying part of a DVD

I'm sure someone knows the answer to this question!

Some old videos (VCRs) of mine were transferred to DVDs. I am able to extract the parts I want from the DVDs and compile my own family DVDs by editing and then burning the new versions (using Serif MoviePlus X3) - no problems there. However, there are a couple of longer movies, both on one disc, which are causing me more problems because the software breaks them up into manageable blocks and in doing so some of the narration and music is lost - in other words when I reassemble them they have small breaks.:(
    Please can anyone tell me how to do a straight copy of each film to another disc? They really don't need editing as such - just separating from each other. I presume there must be a way of doing it?

I am using Windows XP.

Thanks in advance....
    Shirley
    Last edited by Shirley silver surfer; 13-04-09, 10:13. Reason: Asked a silly question - have now removed it!

Nudge - in case someone has an answer

Comment

Can you copy them to your hard drive and then burn them to separate discs from there or does Serif still break them up?
      Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately Serif breaks the film into manageable pieces - that's where the problem lies. With my own video clips Serif detects the breaks for me and that is ideal for constructing my own DVDs but these are two continuously running films with no obvious breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirley silver surfer View Post
          Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately Serif breaks the film into manageable pieces - that's where the problem lies. With my own video clips Serif detects the breaks for me and that is ideal for constructing my own DVDs but these are two continuously running films with no obvious breaks.
          Ah, you might want to see if you can find a free alternative burner!
          Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Working...
          X