Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help!

Thank goodness I've found a friendly and familiar site at last. I had to wipe down my computer this morning as Windows would not boot. Tried just sorting the boot files but no luck ... then system files ..no luck. I had to wipe all the files in the end. No printer, scanner, sites, ... or anything.....aggghhhh.

Just managed to get back on line but I can't configure my Outlook Express to get my mail back. I think I've got the 'path' wrong.. and anyone help .... please ... I'm with BT.

Jean
    Jean....the mist is starting to clear

Do you mean that you want to set up your BT email accounts in Outlook Express, Jean? If so, this might help.
    Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Thanks for that lorry ...... that's the page I was looking for ..... but ...... it's still not sorted.

I'm now getting an error report .. Ox8oooccc19.

I'll try and find what that error is.

jean

Comment

I am with BT but don't use outlook express. I use the Yahoo Mail.

Do you need to load the BT software?

Comment

Ohhh Margaret I've been in such a muddle all day. ...but at last I'm now up and running.

I was with Yahoo.. then a few years ago they decided to let you go through Outlook Express .. which I like, as I'd been with it previously and I prefer it to a web based email.

I've had to re-install before but I've never had this carryon.

Anyway when I reinstalled my broadband I forgot to add the 'BT Help' .. which I've just installed .... It seemed to know my problem and what I was trying to do ...(very strange) and asked if I wanted it to configure my Outlook Express ... I clicked 'Yes' ... and hey presto.......

I was trying to re install all my other things (which send a reactivate number to your email) which of course I couldn't receive. ...it was driving me barmy.

Thanks for reply ... love this site for friends and help.

Now to re-install my printer and scanner.
          One thing .... I've now got a fast computer .... with nothing on it.

Jean

Comment

Glad your sorted Jean

I prefer web based mail, always accessible.

I have never managed to get on with outlook express. I suppose being with AOL for 7 years I got out of it.

Comment

Working...
            X