1841 miracle sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1841 miracle sighting

i was just looking at the crossfield family in eccup, yorkshire in the 1841, and below them was william binn? surname is hard to read, but the point is, he says he is born out of the county, and next to that, the enumerator put his birth county, 'suffolk'!! i wish they did that as a rule. my stephen morton in 1841 not born in london is nasty, he dies before 1851. what i would give if his birth county was put down on the 1841!!

Wow! - What a bonus for anyone researching him!

I have a "Not born in county" in Middx for OH's Gx3-g-father. It's very frustrating. The only bonus I have is that a post-1837 third marriage meant that I do know (perhaps!) that his father was called Thomas COCK and was a musician.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Yes.

That enumerator was more instinctive that most of them I expect. I bet most of them scooted round and just wanted to get the job done! Sound familiar.

Oh yes wouldn't it be nice if when they asked the question they said No I was born in ? and the enumerator put N and then whatever they said!

*dreams*

Comment

Working...
      X