Question on how to store digital photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on how to store digital photos

My sister-in law and I have bought my sister a really good digital photo frame for her 60th birthday.

I have been busy scanning and collecting family photos from over the years to load onto it. I have decided to leave this job to my brother-in-law because I don't want to unwrap the box too much and it might be rather complicated to do.

I need to put all the photos I have scanned onto a suitable medium for him to upload. What should I use?

The model of the Digital Photo Frame is Sony DPF-V900.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

We bought my m in law one (but not as posh as the Sony) for Christmas and I loaded the photos onto a memory stick. That way I can add more as and when she wants.
    Jackie

Comment

Are there any issues with compatibility, or can I use any memory stick?
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I can't remember what make stick the one I bought was but it was a bog standard one.

I think you might be able to save the photos on the Sony frame but I didn't on m in law's. Essentially it is just like a computer screen. I put about 200 photos onto the stick and when m in law wants to see them she turns it on and puts the stick in.

I think I bought a 4GB stick because they have come down in price so much. That would hold thousands of photos, but with hindsight I would probably buy a few smaller ones and that way you can have different photos on each one. (Unless the Sony frame has an option to view different folders)
        Jackie

Comment

Jackie, thanks for you help. It sounds as though a memory stick is the way to go. My b-i-l is very computer savvy, and I'm sure he will be able to get it functioning how they want it.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:

Comment

Working...
          X