Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help find the correct registration district.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help find the correct registration district.

Hello,

I am trying to find which registration district would cover a birth in Black Fell, Durham.

I've looked on genuki but can't seem to see it.

Thanks,

Tom

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

I'm thinking Chester le Street, but am having another look........

Comment

I think it's Chester le Street

Comment

Thanks Merry,

Looks like they didn't register her then :(

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

Where have you looked, Tom?

1] FreeBMD still has the odd gap in GRO index transcriptions - and certainly isn't complete for later years.
          2] Not all records made the transcription leap from Local to Central index, so there are some names on Local registration indexes which are not on the GRO
          3] Sometimes names have been mistranscribed into the registration index (e.g. my own marriage registration!)
          4] Sometimes - yes - births weren't registered - especially, perhaps, if the parents thought that Baptism was enough... in which case the church baptism records may be able to fill the gap for you.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Durham has some registrations online

(whoops its moved)

http://nd.durham.gov.uk/gro/newgro.nsf/search?open&C0983169110411042009$

ADDED: they seems to have moved a load of stuff around on their website & many of the links go off to strange places!
            Last edited by Vicky the Viking; 11-04-09, 15:12.
            Vicky

Comment

Vicky we've just lost our 7 district councils & have one unitary council for Durham.

At the moment the new website is pants LOL
              Jay

Comment

Tom give me a shout it you need any help with Durham rellies.
                Jay

Comment

Originally posted by JayG View Post
                  Vicky we've just lost our 7 district councils & have one unitary council for Durham.

At the moment the new website is pants LOL
                  you said it :D :D :D

I expect the job of sorting it out has been given to a new graduate who they are paying almost minimum wage.
                  Vicky

Comment

Working...
                  X