Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love Lane ,Kiderminster,1851 and 1861 census

Good morning
    thanks to one of our members Geordie girl (Daphne)...she went to the Kidderminster RO yesterday and very kindly found the death record of
    Anne Oakes age 26 died January 8th 1873 ..address given as Love Lane(no number)...I have the marriage on Lancashirebmd of Daniel Oakes to Ann(without the E ) Evason in 1871....I have Daniel and Ann in 1871 census in Garston....Ann gives her birthplace as Kidderminster.....Ann went back to Kidderminster to die...I cannot find any Birth for Ann Evason in Kidderminster...
    I have posted on this before and one member suggested maybe her name was Eveson which is more common....of course another solution is that maybe Ann and all her family moved to Liverpool for work...
    so I would be grateful if anyone could look up the 1851 and 1861 census for Love Lane in Kidderminster....Anne would have been born in 1845 so would have been 16 in 1861....possibly have moved by then ...but I am intrigued to know if she was in Love Lane with her family in 1851.......a bit long winded I know ,but this woman is elusive ...I just want to find her Birth and family if possible.....thanks....allan;);)
    added...I`m off to work at 8-30 so I may not reply to any posts after that until about 2pm....cheers...allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Have had a look in the 1861 census at Love Lane and the only possible I can see if an Evans family living at 4 Love Lane - but no Ann with them.
    Have traced the family back to 1851 but still no Ann.

Cannot see any Evason/Eveson family in Love Lane in 1861.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks very much Elaine....you`re always there to help.....this womans birth is still eluding me ...so frustrating.....thanks again....allan;)
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

Probably one of those that you will need to buy the marriage certificate!
        Elaine

Comment

yes Elaine...it seems the only answer....cheers...allan

Comment

Working...
          X