Victor Gladstone Taylor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victor Gladstone Taylor

Is anybody looking for information about Victor Gladstone Taylor, who died 25 Mary 1918 aged 19? His parents were Henry Loader Taylor and Sarah Jane Taylor of Fulham.

He was my grandmother's "beau" before she met my grandfather. One of the items given to me in a box of family bits and pieces is a photo of the young Victor in uniform and a very sweet little note he wrote to my grandmother just before Christmas 1916. I imagine my grandmother must have liked him very much, since she kept his letter and photo until she died aged 93.

I feel a little guilty (yes, I know it's silly) about having these and I would love to hand them over to a blood relative of Victor's. I've searched Ancestry to see if anyone has Victor or his father in their tree, but with no luck so far.

Any suggestions, anyone?

Sal
    Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

What a lovely kind thought, and I do hope that you find someone worthy of these things.

My step sister has someone with the middle name of Gladstone in her tree, but sadly not the same as yours
    Sally - Researching amongst others, JOSEPHY; WRIGHTSON; COOPER; GLOVER; DOWNING AND DICKINSON.

Comment

Victor's older brother Leslie Loader Taylor's death reg. you may get next of kin details from the cert.

Name: Leslie Loader Taylor
      Birth Date: 10 May 1896
      Death Registration Month/Year: Sep 1984
      Age at death (estimated): 88
      Registration district: Andover
      Inferred County: Hampshire
      Volume: 20
      Page: 50
      Last edited by Jammy Dodger; 10-04-09, 00:36.

Comment

Also had a younger sister
        TAYLOR EILEEN ELEANOR MAY 1904 7

Comment

Thank you both. Jammy - thank you for the suggestion about the next of kin - I hadn't thought of that!
          Looking for Bysh, Potter, Littleton, Parke, Franks, Sullivan, Gosden, Carroll, Hurst, Churcher, Covell, Elverson, Giles, Hawkins, Witherden...

Comment

Working...
          X