What's her former name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's her former name?

this is an extract from a birth certificate .....what's Jane's former name?

I think I know what it is, but having difficulty finding marriage.
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

I thought maybe Bulmer or Palmer

Comment

My first instinct was Palmer.
      Tracy

Comment

Hi Jill and Tracy ... I thought it looked like Palmer too, but not been able to find marriage cert Joseph Kilby to Jane Palmer c1850

Comment

Mayby Balmer? Is Kilby right? Maybe Kirby?
          Just looking at other alternatives
          John

Brick wall in Ireland demolished after 25 years! Looking for any more Carrolls of Stradbally Parish, Waterford in particular Thomas Carroll b1861 married Bridget Leavy 1896 in QLD Australia..chipping away!

Comment

hi John ... I've tried many variations incl Kibby, Kirby, Rilby, Hilby

I thought I'd found marriage in Leic in 1850, but Registry office sent fee back as Jane not the bride

In 1851 Joseph (b1824 Leic) and Jane Kilby (b1825 Staffs) living B'ham with son John G

In 1861 Jane and 2 children (no mention of John G) Sarah J (b1853 Burton-on-Trent) and Henry (b1856 N'pton) are visiting inlaws at Leicester ................ no sign of Joseph though!

In 1871 the family is living in Birmingham

Joseph and Jane died prior to 1881

Comment

palmer i have quite a few of those!!

Comment

Jane born c1825 ???

In 1851 she was born in B'ham
                In 1861 she was born Rottoseter, Staffs
                In 1871 Burton upon Trent, Staffs

take your Pick !

ps She's can't be the one listed on IGI;

Christening: 13 AUG 1826 Rolleston, Stafford, England

Death: 19 SEP 1829

Comment

Now wondering whether or not to apply for birth cert of Henry to confirm Jane's maiden name................ the above extract is from Sarah Jane's birth cert.

Is it worth investing another £7 to find out that it's Jane Palmer and still not being able to find her marriage to Joseph Kilby???????????

Comment

the marriage just probably isn't transcribed. if your really not sure, then i think you should get another one.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                      the marriage just probably isn't transcribed. if your really not sure, then i think you should get another one.
                      there is some good news .. I just found Joseph in 1841 on Freecen he was living in Birmingham working as an apprentice - according to census info he lived there between 1841-1871, although if I've got the correct deaths they were both living in Leic when they died ??? (suppose I'd better recheck their deaths now too!!)

However, dau born 1852 at Burton on Trent and son born 1856 at Northampton ... the plot thickens
                      Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 09-04-09, 15:21.

Comment

Jane Palmer

Hiya
                        marriage Jun 1849
                        Palmer Ann Margaret Brentford 3 1
                        Rilby Joseph Brentford 3 1
                        but then also it got it as
                        Marriages Mar 1849
                        KILBY Joseph Brentford 3 2
                        Palmer Ann Margaret Brentford 3 2

could one of these be Jane instead.

tugman

Comment

Hi ... thanks for joining the search tugman

I've seen that one too but wondered how Margaret Ann could become Jane (on birth cert and census data) + whilst they moved around in between census dates (according to birthplaces of children), they always seemed to return to B'ham.

Although ... and I've just checked BMD ... they both seem to have returned to Leic to die

Comment

maybe you should look for the above marriage on the census.

Comment

Working...
                            X