X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd opinion on 1841 **updated with new problem :)**

- Ancestry.co.uk

Left hand page, 6th line down

Ancestry has this transcribed as Henry Benedetto, Painter.

It looks more like FREDILLO

I'm hoping that it's Henry Joseph Fradelle who married Maria Latilla in Marylebone in 1832. But I'm slightly swayed by the fact there's another Latilla in the house (that's how I found them)

I'm in the process of expanding my search for Nicola Latilla the supposed father of my 5 x great grandmother Maria Sylvia UNKNOWN. SO I'm spreading out and seeing if I end up arriving back where I started
    Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

I would say Fredillo. The first letter is definitely an F if you compare it to the F of F S, and it is nothing like the B's on the same page.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I see there is an Albert Eugene Fradelle birth on FreeBMD in the right place at the right time, so I think you are on the right track.
      KiteRunner

Comment

oooooh - cheers Kate. I'd not got that far yet
        Zoe in London

Comment

Crikey - Henry Fradelle was a proper painter/ All my painters up to now have been the painting equivalent of the local family photographer.

Henry is in the British Museum
          Zoe in London

Comment

Crikey. I have a direct ancestor (oops, brother of) who was a painter but I still haven't managed to convince myself he was a picture painter rather than house painter! (and I have lots of house painters on another branch, lol)
            KiteRunner

Comment

I'm going off on a bit of a tangent now, especially as Henry is the father of someone who married someone who only may be related

But everything else is going nowhere anyway. I found this page about Henry Fradelle senior:

Fradelle, Henri Jean-Baptiste Victoire

IN it it mentions the Will of Henri Jean-Baptiste Victoire Fradelle....

Henri Jean-Baptiste Victoire Fradelle's will, established on March 3, 1862, starts with the sentence, "This is the last Will and Testament of me, Henri Jean-Baptiste Victoire Fradelle, artist of 30 Gerrard Street, Soho Sq. in the County of Middlesex."

I've tried everything I can think of but I just cannot find the Will on TNA at all.

Can anyone do better than me, please?

Z
              Zoe in London

Comment

Wills on TNA only go up to 1858. After that you need to use a probate office, York is the national centre for wills in England. The Wiki will tell you how to go about ordering the will.

Comment

Yargh - I knew that as well. Not concentrating properly. Time for be methinks.

Thanks for your help

Z
                  Zoe in London

Comment

Working...
                  X