Help for Jennie Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help for Jennie Please

I've just had Jennie on the phone and apparently her pc has 25 tojans which have 'used up all the memory and locked her computer'. She has lost everything

Having resigned herself to that she now wants to wipe it all clean and start again but doesn't know how to do that.

Hoping someone can help
    Jeanette
    Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Dave advises her to take it to PC repair shop before doing anything to it. They may well be able to back up her data for you. It may not be as bad as it sounds.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks Wendy....and thank Dave too. I'm sure she'll be pleased to hear she might not have lost everything. All her photos of the little man are on there!
      Jeanette
      Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

Trojans generally don't destroy data, they just leave messages which say they have and make the PC more difficult to use. Someone who know how to sort this out may well be able to get her sorted.
        Wendy

Comment

Hi Jeanette

Don't wipe the pc or your lose all your data, the data is still there even if the trojan has stopped your pc from booting up, your need to see a pc engineer to get rid of trojans and make sure you tell him you don't want your pc to be wiped, because thats the way ameture pc repair men fix computers, if you find a good tech he will be able to fix your pc without a format and if the worst comes to the worst a good tech will transfer your data before they wipe.

if I was near your area I would do it for you.

Comment

Thankyou everyone. We are back up and on the internet but on a new computer. I have found a memory stick which has alot of our photos on so not going to pay the £100 just for them to look at it and see what they can save. I have lost all my family tree stuff but luckily for me i had just got both my copies on the internet updated so can export it again from GR.
            Thankyou everyone and thankyou J and sorry to just ring you like that out of the blue lol.
            Jen

Comment

Glad you haven't lost every thing Jennie.

Dave says if you want to send him the hard drive he will try and get the data off it for you.
              Wendy

Comment

I never realised you could take the hard drive out of the computer i thought the tower was the hard drive oh dear me shows how useless i am. Thankyou for the offer but i found out my sisters boyfriend enjoys doing computers in his spare time so he is going to have a play and see if he can save anything. I have the most important things from it which is my photos or the majority of them now so all i have lost is all my tree work and photos which i have been emailed.
                You should see how organised i am now i have a folder for everything and 300 blank discs and 4 disc folders so everything i get can be put on disc so if the computer goes wrong i still have everything. I suppose i knew i needed to back everything up but it's the same old when i get time and oh it won't happen to me but yep it did!!!!
                Thankyou again for being so quick to reply to J the poor woman probably thought i was crazy phoning her and going arhhhh my computer quick get me help lol.
                Jen

Comment

Just thought i would let you all know that my bil has recovered everything from my old computer. I am so chuffed that it is all saved. Thankyou everyone.x
                  Jen

Comment

Working...
                  X