Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manchester Census look up please anyone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manchester Census look up please anyone...

I have found my 2 x great grandma on the 1911 census but she is listed as widowed, her name was Elizabeth Timperley aged 69 years, born in Collyhurst Manchester and at the time of census still in Manchester living with her daughter and son in law and grandson, she would have been born in 1842 approx, need to find out the name of her hubby or anyone else living with her in any earlier census, any help would be appreciated, Thank you

Got to go off for a little while and see to my little man, but be back on later, Thank you to anyone who can help me

Comment

In 1871 there is an Elizabeth of the right age born in Manchester, living with husband Samuel 3 years her junior, plus daughters Ada 7 and eliza Ann 3. Samuel was a Lead Refiner
      Class RG10 Piece 4055 Folio 9 Page 12
      Sally - Researching amongst others, JOSEPHY; WRIGHTSON; COOPER; GLOVER; DOWNING AND DICKINSON.

Comment

1891 Census there is a Samuel Timperley and Elizabeth his wife, both born 1846 Manchester and daughter Elisa Ann aged 9.

Samuel Timperley married Elizabeth Shaw 1863 Manchester (8d 491)
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

1901 she is a widow. She has Elisa Ann with her and a grandaughter Amelia 8 months old. Plus her other daughter Ada (married name Moores) and a Mary Gresty aged 9 another grandaughter

There is a Samuel Timperley death 1898 Manchester aged 66 (8d 131)
          Last edited by WendyPusey; 08-04-09, 21:16.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

And 1901

Elizabeth Timperley 58 Head
            Eliza A 19 daughter
            Amelia 8months grandaughter
            Ada Moores 37 daughter
            May Gresty 9 grandaughter
            Jeanette
            Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

1861 she is a Visitor to a household, no husband with her, (she is shown as Charwoman) but children as follows:

Joseph 10
              Josua 7
              Sarah 5
              Eliza 3

Also Elizabeth 19 who may or not be a daughter
              Last edited by sally; 08-04-09, 21:21.
              Sally - Researching amongst others, JOSEPHY; WRIGHTSON; COOPER; GLOVER; DOWNING AND DICKINSON.

Comment

Ancestry is driving me bonkers tonight, it's ridiculously slow. Have given up on my own stuff for the time being!

Comment

There's a Samuel Timperley age 26 in 1871 census

children Ada 7 and Eliza Ann 3

Class: RG10; Piece: 4055; Folio: 9; Page: 12; GSU roll: 846341

If this is the right one then the marriage could have been the one between
                  Samuel Timperley and Elizabeth Shaw in June qtr 1863 - 8d 491

There's quite a few Elizabeth Shaw's in 1861 census in Manchester
                  Last edited by JBee; 08-04-09, 21:34.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Originally posted by sally View Post
                    Ancestry is driving me bonkers tonight, it's ridiculously slow. Have given up on my own stuff for the time being!
                    It's not just me then. I thought they were have supposed to have done site maintainence today :(
                    Jeanette
                    Don't interpret this smile as happiness; it's insanity! :D

Comment

I know Jeanette, they have made things much worse!

Comment

Wow! so many replies, thank you to all, I am going to sit down now and go through them and see whats what, sorry it took me a while to reply, looks like a lot of promising stuff you have found for me.

Comment

Working...
                        X