Printing Dad's side of the tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing Dad's side of the tree

Can anyone give me a clue as to the best way to print all of my Dad's ancestry? I want to print the direct bloodline including maternal lines and all the siblings of the direct line (but not their descendants). Does that make sense?

I don't mind whether it's in a book format or a huge map that I have to stick together. It's so I can show my Gran what I've gathered. She's 82 so it needs to be quite clear who's related to who (as I'll be explaining it :o)

I'm on GR, Ancestry and I've just downloaded Legacy.

Cheers

Guybrush
    Hail Spode!

Loads of Legacy tips and stuff in the wiki, there should be something about creating a partial tree in amongst it

Legacy - Family Tree Forum
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Ok cheers, I'll have a look. If I get stuck, I'll be back here again. ;)
      Hail Spode!

Comment

Legacy News: Legacy tip: how to isolate and send just a branch of the family tree in an email

There's an article in the latest newsletter which relates to isolating part of a family tree in order to send via a ged - this would be applicable to what you want to do - in other words select the people/branch that you want and set up a separate ged - then you can use that file to make a chart - I've done it for part of my family that way.
        There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Thanks I'll have a look at that.

I've been playing around with the Legacy charting software but it seems to have a limit of 4 generations and I cant seem to find a way to get round this, nor can I get it to display the siblings.
          Hail Spode!

Comment

I have the free version and i think you can only get 4 generations on it .If you have paid version i think you are able to select the number of generations you want.

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

It could be that - I have the de luxe version and I can get as many generations as I want - plus siblings, you may have to upgrade for that.
              There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Ah right! I'll have a look around for something else before splashing out though.
                Hail Spode!

Comment

Working...
                X